Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seal leather samples for ANJ-4 poll

Which type of leather should I go with for the arm and pocket panels on my ANJ-4

• Seal Vicenza

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Seal Goat

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Seal Jerky Horse.

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
I had a russet goat A-2 that I got from @Fanch - one of the two I regret getting rid of. It was amazing, and maybe it was fit - I don't recall - but once the hide started to wear, it was fantastic. With goat, it's more critical to get a good hide though - I'd had some that didn't budge and I didn't like it...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Here's some pics of Mike1973's goat which I'm always banging on about. I hope you'll agree that a lot of leather doesn't get better than this, real old school worn in goat, beautiful...

leathergraincolour.jpg

rightpocketshut.jpg

leftpocket.jpg

Mike, if you're watching mate, I hope you don't mind my posting your photos!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I had a russet goat A-2 that I got from @Fanch - one of the two I regret getting rid of. It was amazing, and maybe it was fit - I don't recall - but once the hide started to wear, it was fantastic. With goat, it's more critical to get a good hide though - I'd had some that didn't budge and I didn't like it...
That Aero Bronco A-2 I sold you was my first Aero through Mark Moye was 1-2 sizes too big for me. Well constructed though, although the veg tanned goatskin then was not as nice as what Aero is currently using. I offered the size 48 A-2 to my son, but he wanted only my size 48 HWM, so I sold the A-2 to Butte. As a point of reference I am 6'2" 185 lbs and my son 6'5" 245 lbs! The photo on the left was then, and the one on the right with my size 44 Aero A-2 Bronco is now.

JIM AND DAD.jpg 43A87A14-D3E8-4CAD-92EA-5A3FAA3801C4.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
44C? Nein danke. It's bad enough with this topsy turvy mild nonsense. I checked the long range forecast and it looks as though this started to fade next week and will be replaced next month with more normal/acceptable weather. As it is, the LHB is getting a lot of wear this month!

Otter

One Too Many
Try weatherweb.net , I have used them for a while now and they are good. Very useful animated narrated look ahead videos. Looks like we could get a couple of snap cold days on 25/26th then back to this again, turning slowly cooler in January and maybe some cold in February.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
That Aero Bronco A-2 I sold you was my first Aero through Mark Moye was 1-2 sizes too big for me. Well constructed though, although the veg tanned goatskin then was not as nice as what Aero is currently using. I offered the size 48 A-2 to my son, but he wanted only my size 48 HWM, so I sold the A-2 to Butte. As a point of reference I am 6'2" 185 lbs and my son 6'5" 245 lbs! The photo on the left was then, and the one on the right with my size 44 Aero A-2 Bronco is now.

View attachment 40566 View attachment 40567

Fanch, your new one is obviously a better fit, but that one looks good just the same!

Butte, your Aero A-2 reviews are legendary. You have a knack for brightening this place up whenever you post an acquisition. Some good times in those threads.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Today here it was 44 degrees celsius. I think my jackets were melting.

The biggest thing I do not miss at all about living in Melbourne. I was reading The Age yesterday and they were talking about being on track for the hottest night on record.

Hope you hit the Carlton Draught or any other cold beer down at the pub to ward off the heat.

AdeeC

Practically Family
The biggest thing I do not miss at all about living in Melbourne. I was reading The Age yesterday and they were talking about being on track for the hottest night on record.

Hope you hit the Carlton Draught or any other cold beer down at the pub to ward off the heat.
Sure did, but stayed in the house to avoid getting fried. It rained a little in the evening. It was still very hot and the rain evaporated as soon as it hit the ground. Strange seeing rain and nothing getting wet.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
While driving to Grand Canyon a few years ago, we hit a snow shower. Within minutes, the sun came out and the place was a steam bath. Five minutes later, the place was dry.

Graemsay

Practically Family
I'm living in Melbourne these days. Went out of my apartment building on Saturday and it the change in temperature felt like opening a hot oven.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I don't mind a dry heat, relatively speaking (generally, my Celtic blood doesn't like anything above 27C). It's when it comes with high humidity that life becomes unbearable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24