Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Searching for a book!

Janeway

New in Town
Anyone own (and want to sell) a copy of a book by Daniella Turudich (I think I have the spelling right) called "Rosie's Riveting Recipes." It's a collection of 1940s recipes and well as a discussion of how to create a typical 1940s kitchen (or at least that's my impression from a few reviews that I've read). It was printed in 2004 and it's not to be found on any internet sight I've looked at. Anyone want to sell one??? Thanks!

Janeway

New in Town
book search

Yup, tried amazon, BN, Ebay and several others. Even tried to locate the publishing house (which is how I found out it was out of business). Very frustrating. She wrote a couple excellent books on 1940s hairstyles and make up as well as a few others relating to other eras (1920s and Victorian and 1960s I think). THOSE I can find!! ;>) I'll try some of the links suggested. I just suspect it'll turn up in some dusty used bookstore that I'm poking through someday. I hope.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Wow! I looked up the author on abebooks.com. (Her first name is spelled with one "l", not two: "Daniela".) Turns out that her books on vintage hairstyles and makeup are not only out-of-print, they're worth hundreds of dollars!

And just try to find Daniela Turudich's Art Deco Hair: Hairstyles of the 1920s and 1930s. It's out-of-print AND not available for sale anywhere online, not even on eBay.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Yup, been searching for that one for YEARS. I saw it once at a vintage expo and am still KICKING myself I didn't get it when I got some of her other books.

Janeway

New in Town
Her other books

I'll have to post any leads I find for her other books. I saw the 1940s hairstyle one recently for 'only' $850.00. I guess the books are excellent - well written and researched. I actually have a friend who's going to Canada looking for me as well as one in the UK. I might get lucky!! Someone has to have them!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
It's crazy. They used to be $25, and I think that was only like 5 years ago. That's when I got mine. I frankly don't think they're worth the high pricetag.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
My suggestions would be:

1) Set up a search in your My Ebay page and set the search to notify you if a hit turns up. That way you'll have an agent working for you, and if you do find one, the price will probably be lower than through a professional bookseller.

2) Research book sites where you can issue a request for a book by author and title. There are a number of sites where you can set booksellers to looking for what you want.

Good luck!

whistlebait

One of the Regulars
If all else fails...

then try to get it through an interlibrary loan. That's what I ended up doing and copying the pages I wanted. :)

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Janeway said:
Anyone own (and want to sell) a copy of a book by Daniella Turudich (I think I have the spelling right) called "Rosie's Riveting Recipes." It's a collection of 1940s recipes and well as a discussion of how to create a typical 1940s kitchen (or at least that's my impression from a few reviews that I've read). It was printed in 2004 and it's not to be found on any internet sight I've looked at. Anyone want to sell one??? Thanks!

Pardon a dumb question... Aren't there lots of original 1940's books readily available out there with the same thing?

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
Daniela Turudich Books

For a reference and a list of the books I am searching for copies of...
all by Daniela Turudich

Victorian & Edwardian Beauty : Hairstyles and Beauty Preparations

1950S Hair : Hairstyles from the Atomic Age of Cool

1960S Hair : Hairstyles for Bouffant Babes and Swingin Chicks

Art Deco Hair : Hairstyles of the 1920s and 1930s

LA Toilette : A Collection of Vintage Bath and Beauty Recipes

Sweet Memories : Your Guide to Old-Fashioned Candy Making

Plucked, Shaved & Braided : Medieval and Renaissance Beauty and Grooming Practices 1000-1600

Risque Beauty : Beauty Secrets of History's Most Notorious Courtesans

The Vintage Fashion Directory : The National Sourcebook of Vintage Fashion Retailers

1940S Hairstyles

Vintage Wedding : Simple Ideas for Creating a Romantic Vintage Wedding

Vintage Face : Period Looks from the 1920S, 1930S, 1940S, & 1950s

I have 40's hair and Vintage Wedding and have been searching for the rest.

Starius

Practically Family
PA Dancer said:
For a reference and a list of the books I am searching for copies of...
all by Daniela Turudich

Victorian & Edwardian Beauty : Hairstyles and Beauty Preparations

1950S Hair : Hairstyles from the Atomic Age of Cool

1960S Hair : Hairstyles for Bouffant Babes and Swingin Chicks

Art Deco Hair : Hairstyles of the 1920s and 1930s

LA Toilette : A Collection of Vintage Bath and Beauty Recipes

Sweet Memories : Your Guide to Old-Fashioned Candy Making

Plucked, Shaved & Braided : Medieval and Renaissance Beauty and Grooming Practices 1000-1600

Risque Beauty : Beauty Secrets of History's Most Notorious Courtesans

The Vintage Fashion Directory : The National Sourcebook of Vintage Fashion Retailers

1940S Hairstyles

Vintage Wedding : Simple Ideas for Creating a Romantic Vintage Wedding

Vintage Face : Period Looks from the 1920S, 1930S, 1940S, & 1950s

I have 40's hair and Vintage Wedding and have been searching for the rest.

The Vintage Fashion Directory - $16.00 @ Abebooks

The Vintage Fashion Directory - $24.50 @ A1Books

Incidentally, here is a search to turn up any Daniela Turudich books at Alibris should they become available.

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
Thank you so much!

When I got the copy of the 40's hair I really thought that this was going to be the bible of all hair books. I wouldn't spend more than $20 bucks for a copy of that book. I have found more detailed instructions here in the Fedora Lounge.

Vintage Weddings I have as a PDF file on CD.

I think there are people that are willing to trade out there.

I think it's just a personal challenge to see if I can get them all.

nyx

One of the Regulars
Starius said:
I usually don't like to brag, but I am pretty good at tracking things down.

Rosie's Riveting Recipes for $22.95 at A1Books.

The only problem with this is that no one is actually selling the books at this site. I've been seeing that a lot, because I too was looking for some books by Turudich and a bunch of sites have them posted at reasonable prices, but when you click the link to the get the book, they don't actually have any sellers selling it. grrrr. :mad:

Starius

Practically Family
nyx said:
The only problem with this is that no one is actually selling the books at this site. I've been seeing that a lot, because I too was looking for some books by Turudich and a bunch of sites have them posted at reasonable prices, but when you click the link to the get the book, they don't actually have any sellers selling it. grrrr. :mad:

Blarg, they bamboozled me!

That same thing happened to me every time I tried to track down a copy of "Utopia: The Search for the Ideal Society in the Western World" for a reasonable price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner