Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Secret Army

St. Louis

Practically Family
I don't know how many of you are familiar with a wonderful British TV series titled Secret Army, which aired in the late 1970s. I've been yearning to watch it for years. Until recently it hasn't been available to viewers in the US. Last fall, BFS Entertainment finally issued Series 1 in region 1 DVD format. It's terrific.

If you like Wish Me Luck or Danger UXB, both outstanding British TV programs about WWII, (I don't mind the 1970s and 1980s production values) then I would strongly recommend Secret Army. It deals with Belgian resistance activists who help RAF airmen to return to England.

You can find Series 1 on Amazon. I recently wrote to a nice person named Pina at BFS Entertainment to ask whether there were any plans to issue later seasons, and she told me that there was "definitely a possibility." Now, I'm not suggesting a write-in campaign ... but ... if you happen to have the time and inclination, here's their contact information: contact@bfsent.com

I really enjoyed "Danger UXB," saw it on Netflix (I think) years ago. It was probably the only other thing I ever saw the actor who played Sebastion from the original "Brideshead Revisited" in. I'll try to check out "Secret Army." Thanks for the recommendation.

St. Louis

Practically Family
Wish Me Luck is on Netflix. If you haven't seen that, by all means check it out. Secret Army is available on Amazon, but it's not on Netflix yet, at least not the US / Canada version. From what I'm able to tell, it's only been on region 1 DVDs since last fall, so it'll take a while to come to Netflix. If you liked Danger UXB, though, you are bound to enjoy Secret Army, and I think it's well worth the investment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran