Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Secret Jacket Insignias From the ‘Black Ops’ World

Corky

Practically Family
paglen-54.jpg

The More Secretive the Drone, the More Psychedelic the Patch

Groom Lake doesn't just house cutting-edge piloted planes. It's also home to the Desert Prowler, a Lockheed-designed drone shrouded in mystery since its 2005 launch -- and, perhaps, related to a different secret drone, the RQ-170 Sentinel aloft over Kandahar.

Cont'd at http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/11/secret-insignias-from-the-black-ops-world/?pid=137

HodgePodge

One of the Regulars
Very interesting. I especially like that someone actually bothered to translate "All your base are belong to us" into Latin.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
This is from a Navy computer Black Op group. It translate to, I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have to be Destroyed by Me. Only a bunch of computer nerds could think this one up!
IWouldTell59.gif

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Lockheed A12 Cygnus

These are from the Lockheed A12 program. The CIA single seat forerunner of the SR71. It was faster and flew up to 95,000 feet! The first is the unofficial patch, named after the constellation of Cygnus the swan, since Lockheed named all their planes after stars. The second is also an unofficial patch.
feb05cygnusorig.jpg
A12.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael