Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Selentino Tonak hat cache

A little? More like doubled. I can't blame him though; I thought his pricing on the first batch was rather generous. Alas, nothing in a 7-1/2 this time around (or they've all been bought already) so it makes no difference to me.

I have noticed Selentinos run a bit large. I normally wear a 7 1/4, but I have a 7 1/8 that fits fine, and a 7 1/4 that's a bit generous.

I have noticed Selentinos run a bit large. I normally wear a 7 1/4, but I have a 7 1/8 that fits fine, and a 7 1/4 that's a bit generous.
I bought several hats from this guy, all the same model and all in 7 5/8. They have all fit slightly on the large size except for one which which is huge and must be an actual 7 3/4 despite what the tag states.

A little? More like doubled. I can't blame him though; I thought his pricing on the first batch was rather generous. Alas, nothing in a 7-1/2 this time around (or they've all been bought already) so it makes no difference to me.

I think he's feeling out the market to see what he can get for them. If he can't unload them I'd bet the price will come down again. They are still a fair price, but not the great deal when he first started listing them.
I believe he still has dozzens of hats, but like most octogenarians, he does not feel the need to rush. I will say that he ships quickly after you pay.
Also, my experience is that the photos are accurate as to color but his descriptions on color are off.

I think he's feeling out the market to see what he can get for them. If he can't unload them I'd bet the price will come down again. They are still a fair price, but not the great deal when he first started listing them...
Again, I don't blame him for raising his prices, and I think his "Buy it Now" prices are still reasonable. If anything, I think the bright colors of some of them would be more of a deterrent than his prices, but I tend to have more "conservative" tastes when it comes to hats so I might not be the best judge. ;)

Again, I don't blame him for raising his prices, and I think his "Buy it Now" prices are still reasonable. If anything, I think the bright colors of some of them would be more of a deterrent than his prices, but I tend to have more "conservative" tastes when it comes to hats so I might not be the best judge. ;)

I'm right there with you. Among the hats I bought from him are a bright baby blue and a strange gold/pumpkin version. Now that I have them I'm not sure when, if ever, I'll wear them. The dark blue (not quite navy) is very wearable. The "brown" hat he sold me is a strange shade that I don't see getting much use. I'm actually thinking about using hair dye to change the color on one since I bought it so cheap and the current color is just not me. I'll get a wild hair from time to time and wear bright colors, but I to am usually conservative.

I'm right there with you. Among the hats I bought from him are a bright baby blue and a strange gold/pumpkin version... Now that I have them I'm not sure when, if ever, I'll wear them. The dark blue (not quite navy) is very wearable. The "brown" hat he sold me is a strange shade that I don't see getting much use. I'm actually thinking about using hair dye to change the color on one since I bought it so cheap and the current color is just not me. I'll get a wild hair from time to time and wear bright colors, but I to am usually conservative.
I saw those in the photo you posted on page 2. Regarding the gold/pumpkin hat, my first thought was get rid of the feather and exchange the ribbon with a black one and you'd have a nice Dick Tracy hat. I'm not sure when or where you'd wear it, but... :D

I saw those in the photo you posted on page 2. Regarding the gold/pumpkin hat, my first thought was get rid of the feather and exchange the ribbon with a black one and you'd have a nice Dick Tracy hat. I'm not sure when or where you'd wear it, but... :D
That pumpkin hat is the one that runs very large. I currently have it on a shelf in my office and get lots of comments. I even have people stopping by after being told that they need to check out my pumpkin hat.

I wore it one day to meet my subordinates and it was very interesting to see who had the confidence to ask about the hat and who acted like I wasn't wearing a pumpkin on my head.

This is the "brown" one I bought. It has a definite copper color to it. This is the one I'm thinking of dyeing with human hair coloring/dye. I found an old thread here at the Lounge where this was discussed.
e06f169d77aeeca811b684305204abc6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails