Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Selentino Tonak hat cache

IMG_1679.PNG IMG_1680.PNG IMG_1681.PNG The seller sent me a few photos of some of the hats he will be listing this week. He also said he has some in more traditional/conservative colors.

Received the hat today....it is good quality as the Selentino's are. One hitch....the seller sent the size 58 they were selling :eek:instead of the 60 I ordered. I presume as they had two (one in size 58, the other 60) and that they simply transposed orders....time will tell. If so, the other buyer and I can mail our hats to each other....but sometimes third parties can be......undependable.........So...no telling when or if I will get the 60..........o_O Mistakes do happen and I hope this one is quickly resolved.......;) No effect on the clean good quality hat which is indeed NOS and unworn!!!!:)
M

Received the hat today....it is good quality as the Selentino's are. One hitch....the seller sent the size 58 they were selling :eek:instead of the 60 I ordered. I presume as they had two (one in size 58, the other 60) and that they simply transposed orders....time will tell. If so, the other buyer and I can mail our hats to each other....but sometimes third parties can be......undependable.........So...no telling when or if I will get the 60..........o_O Mistakes do happen and I hope this one is quickly resolved.......;) No effect on the clean good quality hat which is indeed NOS and unworn!!!!:)
M
Not the best news. I'm expecting delivery of two of them today. I'll advise on my impressions and if there were any sizing mixups. How was the color of the hat? Were the photos accurate?

Personally, I wouldn't send it to a third party. It is a pain, but I'd send it back to the seller and have him deal with it so you are protected by eBay. Maybe you trust people more than I do? Let us know how the seller takes care of you.

For Tonak I'm a 59 cm 7 3/8 US
Do you know if this size is available?
Or it is possible to contact directly the seller
PM if you want. Thanks
I have no idea what the seller has other than the photos he sent me. I've been trying to help him as he seems a bit overwhelmed with all the hats he has to move. He told me he separated them by size and was going to start listing them again sometime this week. I haven't met him, but he comes across as a good person. I've been trying to get him to sell me more hats too, but he has a lot going on and this is just a side job.

The seller did send me one other photo of an off-white hat supposedly in size 61. I'll try to attach a photo of it.

My two hats arrived today. The pumpkin is just that, a yellow/orange snap brim fedora. Wow, not sure where or when I'll wear it. It's also fits a bit large (size 62).

My "purple" hat is very blue. Another customer had the same issue. I'm happy with it as it matched the photos on eBay even if it was different from the description (the seller may truly see this as purple?). This size 62 fits perfect. Man, I wish I had a more common hat size!

Overall, I'm very happy. The felt is soft and the shape is fine. I'm trying to get a brown and an light blue one too. So far, the hats are classically shaped and constructed but the colors are vivid! These hats require substantial verve to wear.

For Tonak I'm a 59 cm 7 3/8 US
Do you know if this size is available?
Or it is possible to contact directly the seller
PM if you want. Thanks
I created a new thread in the classifieds for these hats as more are coming out now. He wants to know what sizes to list first. If you respond to be with your preferences I'll pass them along.

I created a new thread in the classifieds for these hats as more are coming out now. He wants to know what sizes to list first. If you respond to be with your preferences I'll pass them along.
7-1/2 for me, but there are more than a few members here looking for hats in that size so it'll still be a "right place at the right time" situation. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails