Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self-Conscious?

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm not concerned about others' opinions unless I've requested them (or deserved them ;) ).

I wear a hat regardless of popularity or acceptance, just like I wear boxer briefs without a second thought. I disapprove of most folks' outfits and attitudes, but I let them keep on anyway. I expect the same, and I ignore the loudmouths. [huh]

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mobile Vulgus said:
Hell no. I am an attention seeker, anyway!! LOL.

Seriously, I think that many of us here (if I may be so bold) are into looking different than the other drones around us. We want our own style and don't want to be like everyone else. These days a fedora DEFINITELY makes you stick out.

Like I said, I don't think I am unusual here at all. I'd guess that most of us are like this to one degree or another.

So put on that fedora. Don't let 'em forget ya!!
:D
Those are my main reasons too.

donnc

One of the Regulars
Jauntyone said:
I'm never self conscious about wearing a hat. I'm just as ugly without a hat as I am with one, so why not wear it?

I'd be even uglier without one, so I feel somewhat compelled to wear it, for the sake of others.

DRB

One Too Many
I find that if I have a hat built that is not too eccentric or "fly in your face" that people will accept your attire as normal.
January2009014.jpg
I would not wear an animal hat and not expect to get noticed in a negative way.

You can't please everyone, but you should at least please yourself.

I strive for quality, not flash. I like to blend in with the crowd while accenting myself just a bit. A hat is just the ticket. I strive for a hat that can be worn with jeans and a nice shirt, but also with a suit.

I also derive some courage to wear my hats because they are of good quality and craftsmanship, not $10 hats.

Derek Cavin

One of the Regulars
Great thread. I have yet to buy my hat, currently saving up for it (whatever it may be (it changes daily)), and it is great to see people being who they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy