Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Selling a Montecristi. - PRICE DROPPED

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Price drop/Selling a Montecristi Hat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to post the hat on eBay tonight (04/23/09). Still, though I want to give it a shot here before.
New price $ 250 shipping ( ground ups) included.

The hat is a Montecristi, super-fino (in Montecristi there are 3 categories: fino, super-fino and fino-fino) The weaving is tight and even, very beautiful soft hat. THe straw color is impecable. Size 71/8, about- it is hard to count- 25 or 26 WPI. Here are some pictures.
Thanks,
Aureliano-

DSC03897.jpg

DSC03900.jpg

DSC03901.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
More Pictures...

Here are more pictures of the hat. As I said the size is 71/8. Brim size is 21/2 and the crown is about 41/2 inches tall. I want $300 dollars for it but I'm open to hear offers. It is hard to take pictures of the weave as it is very tight and small. Under the sweatband there seems to be a signature with pencil. I guess the weaver's.

DSC03903.jpg

DSC03904.jpg

DSC03908.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
The hat was bought from don Marcial, he and his sons are the best weavers in town. I took the hat to be blocked yesterday 04/17/09 because it had lost shape during the trip to the US. I tried to count the weaves and had no problem with the horizontal count. The vertical was harder as they are small and tight. I came up with 500. I'm no expert in how to count though. The hat is gorgeous, evenly woven, feels like linen.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Just one thread per item, please. You found your "Montecristi Price Drop" thread missing because it was merged into this one. (and now again)

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Folks I would really like for a lounger to get this beautiful hat. I am going to lower the price once more: $180, UPS gorund included in the US. A hat like this, in a hat store goes for over $350 dollars. Take it home!

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Folks I would really like for a lounger to get this beautiful hat. I am going to lower the price once more: $180, UPS gorund included in the US. A hat like this, in a hat store goes for over $350 dollars. Take it home!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Aureliano : Today at 01:30 PM.

Aureliano
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Aureliano
Visit Aureliano's homepage!
Find More Posts by Aureliano
Add Aureliano to Your Buddy List

Tango On

New in Town
Aureliano

I guess I have not been around long enough to pvt emila but am very interested if it is not yet sold. Please email

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Hi tango. The hat is still for sale. I just got an offer from another launger. But,
As I said to him, I'll sell it to whomever is willing to pay a tad more. I won't say how much. I'll leave it up to your possibilities. I can only say that I'll be happy with $200 total (just 20 bucks more!). but if the other person does not make an offer you can have it for the listed price ( $180)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
"Whoever will pay a tad more" makes this an auction. With a single exception for a singular circumstance, we only permit selling X item at X price, or 'make an offer, first one gets it."

Please keep this in mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner