Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Selling stunningleather barnstormer coat 'normanie niemen' on ebay

Mr Brown

New in Town
Hi everyone,
i am selling a stunning heavyweight steer hide 'barnstormer'style coat from polo ralph lauren in size large on ebay. Clearly someone at rl has copied almost exactly the style of coat worn in particular by french pilots serving in the normandie niemen squadron in russia in ww2 (please see ebay photos).
Ralph lauren do copies of several flight jackets and their high-end polo label in particular go to great lengths to get them as accurate as possible. This style can only have been on sale for a very limited time and will have retailed at near the £1000 mark.
It is made from very heavy vintage finish steer hide, very comfortable and developing great patina. It has two side waist pockets to the front, one slanted breast pocket with the same snaps as used by many of the high-end flight jacket makers. There is a leather belt with leather covered buckle (there is some wear to this from rubbing when seated as it has obviously been worn tied behind the back).
The lining is 100% brushed heavy cotton and there is an inside pocket. The buttons are leather 'football' type. It is marked as a size large, sadly and my only reason for selling, is it is just too large on me, i usually wear a size 42 in jackets/coats so this is best suiting a 44/46. Measurements are underarm to underarm 24.5", under arm to end of sleeve 21", down back from bottom of collar to hem 32". As the sleeves have no join it is not possible to do either shoulder to shoulder or shoulder to cuff. The listing ends this sunday evening.
I haven't mastered the art of putting photos on here or how to create a link to my ebay listing. My ebay item number is 221364422181

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart