Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Senator back in 2 3/8"

Everyone here pretty much knows that I sold off my 2 3/8" hats because i thought I looked ridiculous in them (too big for my face). Well, I wanted to get a pearl made up and in a last minute change of mind I had Worth & Worth make it in a 2 3/8". I'm still unsure. I'm thinking the bound edge of midnight blue may be a bit too much. Be brutally honest, because I can have it shortened.

DSCF0422.jpg
[/IMG]

Regards,

Senator Jack

WEEGEE

Practically Family
LOOKS GREAT

Senator,

You look Marvelous.

It just takes time getting used to. Now when i wear my stingies i think i look

strange... just keep a constant rotation in place so you

don't get used to admireing yourself in one range of brim size.lol

Feraud

Bartender
Do not touch a thing! I think the 2 3/8 looks fine on you. Is the band midnight blue too?
Tell Tallulah her photographic skills have improved. ;)

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
'Bout time, Brother!

How long have I begged your to go W-I-D-E-!

Please wear it around for a while; grow into it. It takes a little time to get used to a high crown and broad brim.

I think it looks great! And I echo Deckard, those pants are to die for.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Jack, sorry to say but I prefer it to a stingy, on you.:) Love the suit, as well.

Now about that bar to your right---make mine a Cosmopolitan and go easy on the cranberry juice.

I think I can come up with something more interesting than a Cosmo for you, James. How about a Ward Eight?

How long have I begged your to go W-I-D-E-!

Yeah, Hem, that pic of me in your hat on the day of the Met outing got me thinking.

Is the band midnight blue too?

Yeah, blue and blue. The edge was also supposed to be pearl grey, so I was a bit perturbed when I picked it up. I have a porkpie with a black edge, which looks fine, but I'm still thinking it may be over the top here.

Regards.

Senator Jack

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
You said to be brutally honest.

It looks too small on your head. It's sitting too high above your ears.:eek:

I do like the oriental figurines on the wall behind you.:)

Perhaps if you were wearing it with a light colored suit. For some reason it doesn't match that suit.[huh]

On a second look, the hat brim looks fine though. But the crown looks too small. Beautiful hat nontheless.

Mr Maltby

One of the Regulars
stay stingy, my friend. not to say that the hat isnt nice. It is a very nice hat-- For someone like Baron Kurtz(first fellow who came to mind). I dig the Stingy Senator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran