Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sending from UK to USA

nickn5

One of the Regulars
:eek: :eek: I sent my Art Fawcett head measuring device back yesterday to the USA and was stunned to find that it would cost me £49 ($70) to send it Global Priority Mail, whereas for Art to send it to from USA to me via the same method only cost $31, less than half the price!

Weight was only 1.1 kg (2.4 lbs)... just thought I maybe should point out to any potential private senders of hats from UK to USA, or indeed buyers from USA, that our postage costs seem to be VERY hefty indeed.

I ended up sending the parcel back via International Standard which was 'only' £34 ($50)... not tracked but still insured.

N. :)

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Hmm good question - mine was with Parcelforce Worldwide at that price, I might look into others if I have to send again.

Chrome

One of the Regulars
I've seen this previously too, bought some things from UK and have to be careful when bidding "cheap" stuff from ebay lol Sometimes postages are bigger sum.

nickn5

One of the Regulars
It does still exist, but at the Post Office the item was not eligible because of the box dimensions, apparently. Have to get Art to make a crushable conformer... lol

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
I have sworn to never try to buy anything and have it shipped from England ever again. And to ship something TO England...hold on to your hats.

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Fatdutchman said:
And to ship something TO England...hold on to your hats.

lol I must say I've not had any problem with incoming items, everything has arrived within 3 weeks maximum. My only gripe there is the Customs charges which really make things get expensive. Maybe I've just been lucky... ;)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
UPS is NOT the way to ship to England. The box that's going to Nick, a 16" cube weighing under 4 lbs, is $45 insured to England. It's $249 by UPS. :eek:

(sorry, to the UK in general - same price)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen