Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Set Your DVRs

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Know of a good "hat movie" that's scheduled to come on television soon? Westerns, Fedoras, Caps....post it here and set your DVRs.

Monday, 3/16 at 10:00 a.m., the 1936 movie, "Fury", will be showing on the TCM channel.

Stars: Spencer Tracy, Sylvia Sidney, and Walter Brennan

Fury_02.jpg

Last edited:

tommyK

One Too Many
Thanks for the heads-up!

Spencer Tracy often has great rumpled looking wellworn hats. If I recall correctly in "Woman of the Year"he buys a new hat to please her and takes it out and almost absentmindedly shapes it while he's talking to her.

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the heads-up!

Spencer Tracy often has great rumpled looking wellworn hats. If I recall correctly in "Woman of the Year"he buys a new hat to please her and takes it out and almost absentmindedly shapes it while he's talking to her.

Come to think of it, he does seem to wear rumpled up looking fedoras in his movies, and it's the same in "Fury"....

Spencer_tracy_fury.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
DVRs

Thanks! Going to set my DVR now. J

Any other good ones you recommend that are coming on soon?

You're welcome buddy. I know you'll enjoy the movie. I've seen it before and it's great. There were a couple of good ones that I DVR'd this morning, James Cagney's, "Picture Snatcher" was one. I only thought of creating this thread after it was too late to tell everyone about the movie, hence my reason for creating this thread.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
One of the movies I never get tired of watching, "Dead End", 1937. Showing on the TCM channel, Sunday at 12:00 a.m., 3/15.

Stars: Humphrey Bogart, Joel McCrea, Sylvia Sydney, Claire Trevor. Also, "The Dead End Kids", with Huntz Hall and Leo Gorcey.

Dead_End.jpg

Bogart_Dead_End.jpg

deadend_kids.jpg

Last edited:

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
Yep, I had Dead End already scheduled. I’m a big fan of all the guys you mentioned. I think Tracy may be the finest actor in American history (and I know that’s saying a lot). Also like Bogart and Gable.
Favorite Tracy film is Bad Day at Black Rock.
Favorite Bogart Film…probably Casablanca,.
Favorite Gable film? Right now I’m going to say “It Happened One Night”. A great film that I heard he didn’t want to do. J

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
I take it back. My favorite Tracy film was Old Man and the Sea. Oh, and Cagney was an American Treasure too. My favorite film he did…that’s hard to say. Public Enemy? White Heat? I dunno.. And Edward G Robinson is another classic actor. I cant decide if Little Caesar is my favorite, or Key Largo. There are so many. Although I have to admit my favorite line he ever made was in the Ten Commandmants. “Where’s Your God now Moses”? Or something like that. It was so funny because I kept waiting on him to say “Cut the gab, nyeah…”. lol

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Today I watched Galipoli, Lots of slouch hats and some pit helmets.

Also last month I watched "Unbreakable" great movie, lots of hats and caps...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass