Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shangri—La Heritage

TG3

One of the Regulars
Hi guys!

Thanks for starting this thread and sorry for the late reply, these are kind of busy days as we're finishing the photo shoots.
The feedback about the D pocket sewing of the "Chiodo" Horsehide Jackets is very appreciated, I already spoke to the workshop in order to fix this puckering problem before going into production which will start at the end of the month.
As Tray said, the new jackets will be available on our website in mid April. We have a couple more jackets to reveal :)

Hell yes Marco! Your response is what makes successful companies flourish. You listen to your clients/potential clients and willing to make any necessary changes. It 100% confirms my purchases with SLH. Look forward to seeing all your new releases.

Cheers!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I believe we are all in agreement that the design and materials used are mint but the D pocket could definitely use some refinement.

BTW, Marco shared with me some sneak peak pics from their recent photo shoot for their new lineup of jackets. He said the Chiodo will be available in April.

View attachment 314722 View attachment 314723
I believe we are all in agreement that the design and materials used are mint but the D pocket could definitely use some refinement.

BTW, Marco shared with me some sneak peak pics from their recent photo shoot for their new lineup of jackets. He said the Chiodo will be available in April.

View attachment 314722 View attachment 314723

Ooh wow! Now this is the best advertisement photo ever! What a great looking jacket!

TG3

One of the Regulars
I was actually thinking that the Navy Blue Wool Varenne jacket with a fur collar would actually look really cool.

That would be cool! Are you familiar with Dehen 1920 out of Portland? They have some cool N-1 Deck Jackets and Wool Flyer's Jackets. I recently picked up this bad boy

3745449246797-Dehen-1920-Flyers-Club-Loden-Black-1.jpg

https://dehen1920.com/collections/jackets

dlite90

Familiar Face
Their product does look promising. I'm thinking about making a stop at their workshop to see and assess their product in real life when I'm visiting Italy this summer. That trucker does look nice.
You think Italy will open to non-EU folks like me this summer? The flights from New York have always been cheap.
Surely visiting leather shops is classified as essential business...

Marco_Massini

New in Town
Thank you a lot Robbie! Of course we take feedback and recommendations of our clients and experts like you guys seriously, the goal is to keep getting betting better and better and these help for sure.
All our Varenne and Chiodo (D-Pocket) leather jackets have the possibility to attach the detachable collar in brown or black color.
Let me know as soon as you get your Terracotta! All the best!

Hi Marco, I‘m impressed to hear that you take the recommendations of our fellow loungers seriously and I‘m looking forward to seeing the result. Your new D-Pocket jacket made of whiskey HH and fur collar (detachable as offered by Thedi would be perfect but if not, I could still imagine to order one) would be very tempting to me...the black D-pocket looks fabulous, too! None is perfect but if someone is willing to work on improvements / is open to discuss improvements like you makes your brand even more attractive to me and I‘m glad that I bought your black suede Trucker jacket. I always want to support companies like yours! I can’t wait to see more of your jackets here...hopefully soon. Mine for sure will be one of the next ones as soon as I find some time to take pictures. All the best to you and your company!

Marco_Massini

New in Town
How could I have been pissed off by something that helps us get our jackets better? :)
We are actually going to try and evaluate different other types of leather, including an olive leaf tanned horsehide that seems really interesting, and a teacore leather could be also one of them definitely! I'll keep you posted about this!

Thank you for taking the critique in stride and listening. You could have gotten pissed off or told us we were wrong. But you didn’t. Everything else about this pattern looks really good. So does the leather. If you nail down the stitching this will be killer! I would love it in a teacore leather. Do you currently or have you ever considered carrying a teacore leather? Thanks for being available, and once again thanks for listening.

Marco_Massini

New in Town
Actually Italian boarders are open to people that get in, those from non-EU Countries have to self-quarantine for 14 days. The problem is that you may have some mobility restrictions depending on the region you are in, for example starting from last Monday in our region you cannot leave your town once again...but if you prove that you're doing that for business purposes (like visiting leather shops) you are free to go :)

You think Italy will open to non-EU folks like me this summer? The flights from New York have always been cheap.
Surely visiting leather shops is classified as essential business...

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Of course we take feedback and recommendations of our clients and experts like you guys seriously, the goal is to keep getting betting better and better and these help for sure.

I don't know about experts (that's you guys who make the fine garments) but a lot of us here are enthusiasts. Can't wait to see more of your jackets here.

dannyk

One Too Many
@TG3 has a really nice HH jacket from them I believe. Looks every bit as good as a top shelf maker to me.
Yes not a ton of info on them. But as you see one of their owners is on here and they’ve been pretty responsive. Shoot them a message and I’m sure they will answer any questions you have. They look a tweak or two away from really nailing it. Instead of taking our comments about the d pocket stitching hard or wrong, they are listening. Seem to be a really great business. Wish we saw more of them around here.

dannyk

One Too Many
Yes not a ton of info on them. But as you see one of their owners is on here and they’ve been pretty responsive. Shoot them a message and I’m sure they will answer any questions you have. They look a tweak or two away from really nailing it. Instead of taking our comments about the d pocket stitching hard or wrong, they are listening. Seem to be a really great business. Wish we saw more of them around here.
I responded to @ton312 comment but meant to tag @Flametop ad well since it was geared towards his question. So ugh consider this the tag I meant to do above ha

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Here's a short review of my new Shangri-La Heritage black suede Trucker jacket. The leather is very soft and pliable and rather thick and heavier than expected. The smell is quite good but the smell of my veg tanned leather jackets is better but that doesn't really matter. No break-in required. I would say the jacket is as heavy as my Aero veg tanned rust goat suede Type III or my Aero Wayfarer Russet Vicenza. I really like the lining (probably not as "bullet proof as LW's standard lining but still very good IMO) and overall construction of the jacket which is a rather modern (Italian) and slightly longer interpretation (which I like) of a type III trucker jacket. I guess the buttons are made of brass which are very solid. Button holes do look clean and well made. Jacket is very funcitional with two handwarmer pockets and two inside pockets (some other makers do charge extra for inside pockets). The overall stitching is flawless and very good - compared to Aero I would say it's at least the same or even better (I can't see any flaws whereas I can see flaws on every Aero jacket I own(ed). The stitching hole count is not as dense as on a Thedi, Field Leathers, Lost Worlds or Freewheelers but that doesn't matter to me as we're talking about a 640€ leather jacket and IMO it's worth every penny. It's definitely an easy-to-wear (everyday) leather jacket and I would definitely give more business to the nice Italian guys at Shangri-La as they are also open to discuss possible improvements. I'm really happy with this OTR jacket. Fit-wise I'm also satisfied. Runs rather big - I usually wear size Medium but in this case I needed Small.

Cheers, Robbie
upload_2021-3-23_22-8-25.png

upload_2021-3-23_22-20-31.png

upload_2021-3-23_22-21-39.png

upload_2021-3-23_22-21-47.png

upload_2021-3-23_22-21-56.png

upload_2021-3-23_22-22-2.png

upload_2021-3-23_22-22-10.png

upload_2021-3-23_22-22-19.png

upload_2021-3-23_22-22-27.png

upload_2021-3-23_22-22-34.png

TG3

One of the Regulars
Can anyone compare these with other well known makers? Aero? Schott?
I'm fairly new to the leather jacket game and I personally don't have any experience with Aero or Schott.

My experience with SLH has been very positive. I actually have a second jacket that I ordered from them that's currently stuck at customs in Memphis (will post a review when received). So I liked them enough to be a repeat customer which typically speaks volumes.

I've worked with one of their owners Marco (who's on TFL) on the making of my second jacket to shrink the waist. Very quick to respond and very accommodating. He even sent me some videos of my jacket being made which I thought provided some next level customer experience.

The leather is pretty heavy duty stuff. I don't have a scale so I dont know the exact weight. But you can definitely ride in this jacket. It has hidden panels for a back plate and elbow pads. The leather smells incredible. All the hardware is very solid (doesn't feel cheap or like it's going to break after a year of wear). Stitching is straight but a couple loose threads here or there. If you're a stitch count fanatic, you won't be overly impressed but it's a very well constructed jacket.

Here are some pics.
20210323_155813.jpg
20210323_155849.jpg
20210323_155926.jpg
20210323_160002.jpg
20210323_160230.jpg
20210323_160353.jpg
20210311_134455.jpg

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I'm fairly new to the leather jacket game and I personally don't have any experience with Aero or Schott.

My experience with SLH has been very positive. I actually have a second jacket that I ordered from them that's currently stuck at customs in Memphis (will post a review when received). So I liked them enough to be a repeat customer which typically speaks volumes.

I've worked with one of their owners Marco (who's on TFL) on the making of my second jacket to shrink the waist. Very quick to respond and very accommodating. He even sent me some videos of my jacket being made which I thought provided some next level customer experience.

The leather is pretty heavy duty stuff. I don't have a scale so I dont know the exact weight. But you can definitely ride in this jacket. It has hidden panels for a back plate and elbow pads. The leather smells incredible. All the hardware is very solid (doesn't feel cheap or like it's going to break after a year of wear). Stitching is straight but a couple loose threads here or there. If you're a stitch count fanatic, you won't be overly impressed but it's a very well constructed jacket.

Here are some pics.
View attachment 320830 View attachment 320831 View attachment 320832 View attachment 320837 View attachment 320839 View attachment 320842 View attachment 320844
Your jacket looks fantastic, very rich and beautiful colour with all the imperfections which does a little bit look like Aero's battered horsehide IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider