Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
third time's the charm... (?)

250607525_b1c41288b1.jpg

This is the only thing I have that's family friendly enough to post, apparantly. It's some rejected t-shirt art that wasn't copyright-infringey enough, if you can believe it. I won't say what they went with instead.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Sable said:
third time's the charm... (?)

250607525_b1c41288b1.jpg

This is the only thing I have that's family friendly enough to post, apparantly. It's some rejected t-shirt art that wasn't copyright-infringey enough, if you can believe it. I won't say what they went with instead.

That's really cool, actually! Did you illustrate that via computer?

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Not that I was going to show any, but does the nudity rule only apply to photos of actual people, or does it apply to any type of art or illustration? What if it's the statue of Venus, and Art Deco lamp or Matisse's Blue Nude. Are we taking a Dallas School Board approach here of zero tolerance?

I'm just trying to clarify this for everyone including me. The rules are not really specific enough to know for sure.

Thanks.:)

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
J. M. Stovall said:
Not that I was going to show any, but does the nudity rule only apply to photos of actual people, or does it apply to any type of art or illustration? What if it's the statue of Venus, and Art Deco lamp or Matisse's Blue Nude. Are we taking a Dallas School Board approach here of zero tolerance?

I'm just trying to clarify this for everyone including me. The rules are not really specific enough to know for sure.

Thanks.:)

Here is the FL policy on nudity which is posted in the link above:

What is the policy with respect to nudity?

No nudity is permitted on this site. Period. In addition, since we cater to people with a love for past eras -- regardless of age -- please make sure when you post a lingerie link, or any other link to check out the content of the "linked" site. We know this can be a bit of a gray area, but please make sure that there is no nudity (especially exposed breasts) allowed to be shown or linked to from our site. While we know the value and benefits of wearing things like garter belts, stockings, long line bras, and girdles, unfortunately these are seen by the vast majority today as fetish items. If the people of the Golden Era could show these items tastefully, so can we! So please check out the sites before you link to them. We have numerous younger readers and posters here, and we try to keep the joint "family friendly."

Sure there can be grey areas, and they will be considered on a case by case basis.

Thanks for asking. ;)

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I wish. I do have this Bruce Timm obsession, but a lot of Darwyn Cooke, Dave Johnson, Jaime Hernandez (and even a little Seth) like to sneak in there too. But even those guys are all heavily influenced by Jack Kirby, Milton Caniff and Dan Decarlo. It just goes around and around.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
From my Portfolio -

dscn0417-2.jpg
dscn0426.jpg

dscn0440.jpg
dscn0421.jpg

dscn0428.jpg
dscn0429.jpg

Anna-3.jpg

Left to right, top to bottom: Dina, Joelanna, Catherine, Scott (w/Janine's legs), Carol, Janine, Anna.
All are from the '80s except Joelanna: mid-'90s. (Model releases on file.)​

Lee

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
From the Portfolio of my wife, Lynne

These are a sample of my wife's ability from her portfolio. I am very proud of her artistic work, and she's so shy about it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. My cheap camera doesn't do them justice.

photoLynne005.jpg

photoLynne009.jpg

photoLynne008.jpg

photoLynne010.jpg

photoLynne004.jpg

photoLynne002.jpg

photoLynne001.jpg

photoLynne006.jpg

photoLynne013.jpg

photoLynne011.jpg

dean

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
deanglen said:
These are a sample of my wife's ability from her portfolio. I am very proud of her artistic work, and she's so shy about it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. My cheap camera doesn't do them justice.

dean

AMAZING! She is brilliant!

dashiell

One of the Regulars
deanglen - Those drawings are exceptional! Your wife is very talented! If ever she decides to take on commissions (if she doesn't already), do let me know.

:eusa_clap

doc - I openly admit I ogled that train for some time. You're a wonderful artist!

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dashiell said:
deanglen - Those drawings are exceptional! Your wife is very talented! If ever she decides to take on commissions (if she doesn't already), do let me know.

:eusa_clap

Many thanks, dashiell. She has done comission work...but only when the muse is upon her.;) I'm sure she'll be encouraged to do more with kind words like yours. Thank you again.

A few more (because I couldn't get them all in one post.):

photoLynne014.jpg

photoLynne015.jpg

photoLynne003.jpg

photoLynne012.jpg

photoLynne007.jpg

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21