Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have always enjoyed dabbling with watercolours and other mediums.

So, when a good friend of mine was getting married, I just couldn't think of anything to get him for his wedding..[huh]

So, knowing how attached the two of them were to their little Jack Russell terriers, I thought it might be an idea to paint them, and then they had something that would always remind them of the two dogs they love so much!

Bear in mind, I have no formal training, ...anyway, here goes!!:eek:

DogPainting.jpg

DogPainting003.jpg

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Great artwork

Paddy,

Some awesome painting - and priceless gift to your friend! Watercolors? Gouache?
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I have my internet gallery here:
http://keri-tamas.fotopic.net/c91616.html

No academic training either - I had the luck to find a master in oilpainting who thaught me for some months. The greatest luck in my life.

Regards:

Tom

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Wow- you guys are REALLY good! I'm so impressed!

I don't do that much art anymore, but here's a few of my fashion sketches and some older art. I've been meaning to pick it up again, but mostly it's just fashion and construction sketches these days!
d03.jpg

d15.jpg

d06.jpg

venus.jpg

linoleum print
scratchboard.jpg

scratchboard
And if you want to count sewing as art, here's some of my costumes ;)
http://wearinghistory.net/sewingintro.htm

Flieger

Practically Family
I'm not sure this counts as art but they are painted by me and since the aircrafts in question where used in the 1930s-40s, they are also vintage. :)

NA-31-DONEaddeds.jpg

Sk14N603DONEs.jpg

Sk14A-HoodDONEs.jpg

The plane is the licence manufactured version of the North American Aviation BT-9. SwAf designation: Sk 14. The little sister of the more famous Harvard-, Texan-, SNJ-lineage.

/F

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
goldwyn girl said:
WOW!!! everyones art is fabulous. I envy you all. I could'nt paint or draw to save my life. Keep it coming.
Nonsense! I used to be the same way. It just takes practice and perseverance,....Here's one I did for the state of South Carolina's duck stamp contest.
SCDuckstampforweb.jpg

(I won 4th place too,...) :rolleyes:

DW Evans

New in Town
Here's a character I drew for a story that's still in the development stages.
His name is Sage Malone, aka Smokey Chokey, and he once was a firefighter.
Unfortunately, he couldn't stand the heat.

smokeychokeysmolderqx9.jpg

The illustration was drawn on black Artagain paper with pastels and charcoals, in pigments of white and gray.

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
PADDY said:
I have always enjoyed dabbling with watercolours and other mediums.

So, when a good friend of mine was getting married, I just couldn't think of anything to get him for his wedding..[huh]

So, knowing how attached the two of them were to their little Jack Russell terriers, I thought it might be an idea to paint them, and then they had something that would always remind them of the two dogs they love so much!

Bear in mind, I have no formal training, ...anyway, here goes!!:eek:

DogPainting.jpg

DogPainting003.jpg

Now, to me, that's a very impressive painting, Paddy......Can't believe you've not studied or had any formal training......Outstanding!!! :eusa_clap

Rooster

Practically Family
Wow, a bunch of great artists here! Here's my wifes work, she's been doing this full time since 1985.
www.conniebieber.com
I myself sculpt wood and metal full time. I should be finishing up a new website today or tomorrow, I'll post a link then.

MrPumpernickel

One of the Regulars
I'll just link my site without dropping in images, since a) the majority isn't traditional mediums and b) not vintage in subject, but by all means check it out anyway.

http://www.mousevomit.com

I too though do not have any kind of formal training though I am fairly adept in wood- and metalworking, miniature making and painting as well as sewing (clothes and objects).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points