Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
a few college Computer Art projects

:jaw: ...just WOW. What an amazing variety of really good art here! I'm honored to share this thread with all the rest of the Lounge's limitless talent pool.

These are a couple of swing-era pieces I did in my Computer Art class this past spring.

Scanner art describing my music (a lot of harmonicas playing a lil' swing):
compArt1.jpg

An "Impressionist" take on the vintage Baltimore Transit Co. bus I rode:
compArt2.jpg

Replacing the image's actual colors with scans of newspaper grayscale hues:
compArt4.jpg

Finally, my favorite: a music-inspired piece inspired by the crazy-but-classy feel of old jazz. You tell 'em, Duke!
compArt3.jpg

These were fun to do, and I hope you like them.

johnbriner

New in Town
Excellent artworks, Swing Motorman. Your impressionist take on the vintage Baltimore Transit Co. bus is truly amazing. I love the colors as well as the details. It looks so realistic. I also like your scanner artwork. I bet you're really good at playing harmonica. Anyway, thanks for sharing these pieces. All of them are great to look at.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I made this pond when I first moved to my house. It's in the back yard, which is very steep and rocky. I had to pick-axe out the shape for the pond. That took 3 days and about a hundred wheelbarrow-loads. It holds about 600 gallons. Then I started on the concrete lining (3 more days), then the rock shelves (a week of half-days). The whole area was entirely barren, so I had to plant everything you see in the photo. It's been 4 years, and I finally think of it as a work of art, emphasis on "work"!

DSCF0843.jpg

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
I've got a big juried art show today. First one in a long long time. I've done some minor competitions recently, but nothing compared to this. Nervous as all get out.

R.G. White

One of the Regulars
I've created a few renderings for an imaginary ocean liner of the 30s. The two pics below are of a first-class stateroom. These aren't the final renderings though; the light fixtures must be changed and the wood should looked polished. Not to mention little things like curtains over the portholes... Hope you like what I have so far!

Stateroom (view one):
Stateroom.jpg

Stateroom (view two):
Stateroom2.jpg

Last edited:

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
Recent sketches and story-development for a graphic novel project 6 years in the making. Building up for the the big push coming up in fall semester. References are scattered among decades ranging from 1910-1933. Alternative universe/supernatural.

tumblr_lnf50cN6xw1qm2byco1_500.jpg

tumblr_lnhdw6QcLt1qm2byco1_500.jpg

tumblr_lnhe4fuaeJ1qm2byco1_500.jpg

tumblr_lnhejoYn741qm2byco1_500.jpg

tumblr_lnhelcS6tn1qm2byco1_500.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy