Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

DarrelMorris

Familiar Face

I like your work Howard. It has a very authentic feel. I especially like the skull design. But then, I have a "thing" for skulls myself.

The Rag And Bone Man

One of the Regulars
Here is an optical illusion I painted a number of years ago, sadly have not picked up the brushes in along while.. landscape.jpg

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
That's beautiful. I've always liked water colors. The medium is a little too "loose" for me. I tend to be best at techniques with tight control. One of these days I'm going to try egg tempera.

Thank you Darrel, and sorry for the slow reply; we have been away on holiday... I haven't worked in watercolour, like the above, for a while, but when I do I don't use traditional 'loose' washes, but build-up layers slowly using a stippling technique, with very small [oo] brushes... it the same technique used by miniature painters [of which my dad was one], though mine are too big to be called miniatures.

I've never tried egg tempera, but would also like to try it.

I've had a good look at you site and thing your work is fantastic, and I look forward to seeing more.

howardeye

Practically Family
My latest wearable art! This beautiful pendant was carved from Fossil Woolly Mammoth Ivory tusk that was buried in Siberia. It is a beautiful color, almost white! Included is my hand-fabricated 2 tone Byzantine Chain made of 14kt gold and Argentium Sterling Silver!

[URL=http://s1109.photobucket.com/user/howardeye/media/Vintage%20Fedoras/Jewelry/NewHugeCross1_zps1b86256c.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=http://s1109.photobucket.com/user/howardeye/media/Vintage%20Fedoras/Jewelry/NewHugeCross3_zps2094adc6.jpg.html] [/URL]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ