Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Dinerman said:
Here's some stuff I've done in the past week. To see them bigger, click the thumbnail.
th_IMG_5790.jpg

I like all of them a lot but this is my favorite. It reminds me a bit of De Chirico. Something about the stillness of it. Like this:
giorgio_de_chirico_gallery_7.jpg

donCarlos

Practically Family
Prague Castle by night

A few weeks ago, I´ve gone to the Prague Castle and took some photographs, Mainly of the St. Vitus cathedral. Just a short history lesson - the cathedral´s construction began in 1344 on place of older, 10th century, church. And now the interesting fact - it was completed and blessed in 1929!!! The second church (on the first photo) is the St. George Basilica from 1142.
Gothic and Roman architecture is my favourite, except the first half of the 20th century, of course!

These turned out best (click for a slightly larger view)

Johnny B

Familiar Face
I like to mess around in MS Paint as a medium, with a mouse. Drawings take a long time but they appear more impressive that way. Here are some that I've for whatever reason kept over the years.

This one was drawn for a thread about weird experiences, so I did (as a typcial angsty teen that I was) how I was perceived in highschool. There were a few people who were convinced I was violent, unstable, whatever, just waiting to run them down with my giant towncar. That's what you get for being a trenchcoat wearing goth loser for most of your highschool years.

highschoolexperienceqb5.jpg

This is my Edsel and how my mother "saw" it. She's deathly afraid it was too big and dangerous to drive and that it was probably just waiting to eject me out the windshield had it the means to do so

edsel5gd4.jpg

For a thread entitled "Why are you not in school?" concerning what reasons you have to not be in classes at the moment

noschooltl1.gif

A couple of Focke 190s from a short story I wrote

fockecolourre5.jpg

A related picture I made from that

plane.jpg

Self portrait of rivethead me when I was, hell, 17? 18? How embarassing

mepaint.jpg

whee

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
The company sent me to Blythe, today. On my way back, I stopped at the General George S. Patton Museum
at Chiriaco Summit, most of which is located outdoors about thirty minutes east of Indio. Chiriaco Summit
is where Gen. Patton had his Desert Training Camps.

This is a series I shot that I've titled, "Desert Warfare."

Ground Turret
Turret.jpg

Exhaust Vent
Vent.jpg

Rust Belt
Old-Tank-Track.jpg

Grenade Charger
Tank-Grenade-Charger.jpg

Tank Hitch
Hitch.jpg

Six-by
Six-by.jpg

Buckboard (I forget what they're really called. "Mule"?)
Buckboard.jpg

Big Pink Gun
The-Big-Pink-Gun.jpg

Thank you for viewing. :)

Lee

AeroDillo

Familiar Face
Lately I've been dabbling in technical drawings (again) - mostly a mix of old airplanes and old guns. It's still an airplane kick at the moment.

This is the latest. It goes to a small pulp-ish fictional project of mine.

p40b24ack6.jpg

It's getting there, but not quite finished. I think it needs rivets.

Lots and lots of rivets.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Groovy, man! Cool! ;)

EDIT: Hey Quigley! I think this guy's trying to copy you, but he doesn't have Photoshop. lol

MooNie
RenFaireMooNie-2.jpg

Ren-Faire-MooNie.jpg

He's a comedian/juggler/slack-rope walker that I photographed at the Ren Faire yesterday.

Lee

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
I'm still very new to the forum, but thought I'd show off some of my photo works...

Project: Stolen Child (unfinished)
laura6inprogresssmall.jpg
laura7inprogresssmall.jpg

laura4inprocesssmall.jpg
laura3inprocesssmall.jpg

Eye Stutter (cyanotype installation)
100_0860.jpg

100_0855.jpg

100_0856.jpg

l_27e0beb84228e4c09401a94231ab8c7b.jpg

I'll post more as I get them up and online.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

*click on the banner to see the animation*

This is a cartoon that has had me busy these past few weekends. Its a collaboration with someone. Its indie deadpan humor. It was fun. I redesigned the characters and put them into Flash. I work in Flash all day and I hate it, but this worked well for it.

LD

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
After completely botching 755 images by setting my camera wrong, and losing 165 of them (small loss, considering) to a card formatting error (my fault!), I returned to the Ren Faire and took another 413 pictures. Only two of these are from day one.

Here are some of my favorite images from this past weekend.

Queen Elizabeth Gloriana plays Bocci Ball
Ren-Faire-Queen-Elizabeth-G.jpg

Fool
Ren-Faire-Fool.jpg

A Wise Old Man
Ren-Faire-Old-Man-w-Cane.jpg

Commedia Volante Cellist
Ren-Faire-Comm-Vol-Cellist-.jpg

Death's Hand
Ren-Faire-Hand-and-Skull.jpg

Babaku Dancer
Ren-Faire-Dancer.jpg

Oojahm Belly Dancers
Ren-Faire-OoJahm.jpg

Oojahm Drummer
Ren-Faire-Oojahm-Drummer.jpg

A Rainbow of Fabrics
Ren-Faire-Silk-Rainbow.jpg

Oojahm Drummer and Dancer
Ren-Faire-Dancer-Blur.jpg

Lee

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
These are fun to do. It's pretty easy if you have Photoshop. It just a matter of finding the right spot to do it and there isn't much in the town I live in. I went to the top of every parking deck to find these.

bridgemini100.jpg
[/IMG]

carrollcreekmini100.jpg
[/IMG]

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Wow, Mr. Brown! I looked at these for quite a while to determine that they're not of a scale cityscape. The texture of the water and the smoothness of the glass on the car have convinced me that everything is real. Nice job boosting the saturation and adding the gausian blur.
happy0034.gif
happy0034.gif

You just made your town look like a toy. :D

Lee

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Quigley, that is so cool! Yet another reason that I need to check out Photoshop. I had no idea you could do things like this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy