Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

hargist

One of the Regulars
Here are some more HDR photos I did this weekend.

JenSohail-UnionStation.jpg

KimBalcony.jpg

KimsApartment.jpg

Bendix.jpg

Frankfort.jpg

Viper Man

Banned
Wow! There is some incredible talent in here. I am very impressed by everyone's work. I'm not an artist but I like to dabble in photography occasionally. Here are some portraits of my dog, Honey. She's a great subject as she never complains about being photographed! :D

333683293.jpg

333683286.jpg

333683324.jpg

333683317.jpg

333683304.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been busy...

Flyers for the Vintage Fashion Expo - also did a poster and the postcard that you West Coasters on their list will receive soon:

UPDTED_VE_FlyerSF.jpg

UPDTED_VE_FlyerSM.jpg

And new postcard-sized business cards for me! Anyone need graphics? I suddenly seem to be in that business...

SS20yrs.jpg

GraphicsPcard.jpg

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Still Lifes.

I took my strobes to my sister's place and photographed a few things she had. These two came out the best.

This is a small, electric waterfall (trickle, actually) that she keeps near the sliding glass door to the patio.
Waterfall-DSC_8660.jpg

An interesting teapot, with matching plate, from her kitchen.
Tea-Pot-DSC_8738.jpg

Lee

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Very nice, Hargist! I'm generally a "less Photoshop, more photography" kind of guy, but your shots are looking great! Thumbs up!

Always a pleasure to see your art, LD! :)

Here's one I've been thinking about for a while. I finally got to the store that has, in my opinion, the best looking licorice, today (it's more than halfway to Palm Springs) and bought some. Here's one of my favorites from today.

One-a-DSC_8870.jpg

Lee

freebird

Practically Family
I was going through a box and found a couple of poems I'd written about 8 years ago.

Valentine Cowboy

A song on his lips
sung to the tune his spurs jingle,
He's through with cows
and livin' life single.
He stops for nothing,
no time to lag,
there's a gift for his gal
in his saddlebag.
It took him several months
just to pay for the thing,
but he knows her blue eyes
will sparkle more than the ring.
He's nervous alright
but he feels fine,,
for he's going to ask her
to be his valentine.

Beauty School Blues

Give me a barber shop any day,
and a splash of Lucky Tiger by the way.
Some mustache wax,
for my handlebar.
maybe a picture of an old Ford car,
and a Sports Illustrated from last fall;
Where deer horns and hats
adorn the wall.
With none of this high tech
chrome and all those mirrors,
just a place where a man
doesn't feel inferior.
No fancy ads upon the shelf,
just a place where a man can be himself.
I know I feel just like a fool
being the only guy in beauty school.

The Battle Within

Slay you a dragon was your request,
and I vow that this I will do,
You've given me your very best,
now I'll give mine to you.

I've found the dragon's lair,
I know what must be done,
To win the maiden fair,
I must try and overcome.

I didn't chose to slay this beast,
I must admit that it chose me.
I must fight until the struggle's ceased
and one of us is free.

This dragon isn't real,
It has no flesh and bone,
but its scales are as of steel,
and its flesh made of stone.

This war isn't finished,
I'm not all I can be,
the dragon isn't vanquished,
it still lives inside of me.

The dragon thinks that it has won,
but I have news for it.
The battle has just begun,
and I will never quit.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Here's a few shots from over the summer Photoshopped a bit with a Topaz Adjust filter. Believe me you can get hooked on using this filter because it creates such cool effects...

First day of school
pledge100.jpg
[/IMG]

4-H county fair
ngs2.jpg
[/IMG]

[edit by bartender - excellent photo, but it sparks unneeded commentary in thread for sharing art]

hargist

One of the Regulars
MrNewportCustom said:
Very nice, Hargist! I'm generally a "less Photoshop, more photography" kind of guy, but your shots are looking great! Thumbs up!

Always a pleasure to see your art, LD! :)

Here's one I've been thinking about for a while. I finally got to the store that has, in my opinion, the best looking licorice, today (it's more than halfway to Palm Springs) and bought some. Here's one of my favorites from today.

Lee

Nice work! I love spot color in photographs.

Though you can't tell from my HDR work, I'm actually a bit of a purist too when it comes to photography. I use Photoshop very little. HDR is still firmly planted in basic photography principles. Of course, you do need a program to put together all the various exposures, so yes, digital manipulation is necessary. However, HDR is not a new thing. It's quite old in fact. They used to do it manually (or shall I say analogue?). It's just that now with computers, HDR is much easier.

hargist

One of the Regulars
Quigley Brown said:
Here's a few shots from over the summer Photoshopped a bit with a Topaz Adjust filter. Believe me you can get hooked on using this filter because it creates such cool effects...

That's some good work, Quigley.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
hargist said:
Nice work! I love spot color in photographs.

Though you can't tell from my HDR work, I'm actually a bit of a purist too when it comes to photography. I use Photoshop very little. HDR is still firmly planted in basic photography principles. Of course, you do need a program to put together all the various exposures, so yes, digital manipulation is necessary. However, HDR is not a new thing. It's quite old in fact. They used to do it manually (or shall I say analogue?). It's just that now with computers, HDR is much easier.

Working for so many years in the darkroom for newspapers I love using Photoshop for all the special effects that can be done (a no-no in photojournalism). Of course, my original image must stand on its own as a good photo before I do any altering.

Idledame

Practically Family
I too love your work, hargist. It reminds me of photographs I've seen in old books, that were apparently retouched or somehow enhanced when engraved or colored? I am appalled by some of the photos that are being sold as art these days, with all the colors super bright and unnatural looking. Most are simply horrid--a result of technical talent and very little artistic talent (or restraint). Your exquisite taste combined with the technique you use is just wonderful. Are they for sale anywhere? I too spent many years in darkrooms, dodging and burning, etc. but I'm totally unfamiliar with all the new-fangled techniques. There are so many now! How long does this technique usually take?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy