Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shave of the Day

JEEP

Practically Family
SOTD300509.jpg

Today:

Bob's Razorworks Bull Mastiff (replated NEW head) w. Derby Extra (1)
The Shaving Shack "Shogun" onyx handle super badger
White Proraso SS
Unscented Thayer's Witch Hazel
Proraso AS

Regards.

Jakob

TopGumby

One of the Regulars
This morning -

40's Black Tip SuperSpeed
Dorco ST-301 on second shave
CO Bigelow cream (re-branded Proraso)
Tweezerman Brush
Clubman Bay Rum Splash
Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne

Pressed for time, but the three pass shave was a good one. There is something to be said for taking your time, but there is also satisfaction in making the shave efficient. It's sort of a test of technique.

These three came my way...I think my guess from the seller's photo was correct. The Red Tip and Slim are in very nice shape, the Senator(?) has a little plating loss on one corner of a silo door and a little subtle brassing on the handle. It will probably the razor I shave with tonight or Tomorrow.

101_1741.jpg

JEEP

Practically Family
SOTD010609.jpg

This evening:

Bull Mastiff (NEW head) w. Derby Extra (2)
Laminated bone handle badger brush of unknown quality; quite floppy but not as soft on the face as super badger or silvertip
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Proraso ASB

I found the brush on a medieval fair (though there is nothing medieval about it), so far it has shed a gazillion hairs from an already not so dense knot, it did not work well with soap, but I expect better results with cream - the handle is a beauty though. If the knot keeps shedding like that I'll replace it with a Golden Nib one.

Regards.

Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
SOTD020609.jpg

This evening:

Brit. Gillette HD Rocket w. Derby Extra (3)
Dovo Silvertip travel brush
Tabac SS
Italian Floïd Genuine (yellow)

Regards.

Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
SOTD040609.jpg

In the middle of the night - needning a break from desperatly trying to save the data on my broken down computer - what is more relaxing than a shave?

Ornate handle GEM 1912 w. GEM Personna (1)
Laminated bone handle badger
Indian Shulton Old Spice SC
Ivy Club Spice (Shulton Old Spice copy)

Regards.

Jakob

TopGumby

One of the Regulars
Gillette Old Type, ball handle
Dorco ST-301
Indian Old Spice shaving cream
Delong Black Badger Brush

Three passes, one minor cut below nose (I manage to do this with open combs) otherwise a great shave.

Cold water rinse
Old Spice AS, early 90's

Waiting to see if my brother remembers to bring back some Irisch Moos and Tabac soap from his trip to Germany. Also thinking about trying the Shark blades.

JEEP

Practically Family
SOTD050609.jpg

Today:

Merkur HD 34c w. Derby Extra (1) - haven't used the HD for a looong time, I actually managed to cut myself twice with it :mad:
Kent BK4
Mama Bear's Aged Spice SS
Italian Floïd Genuine (tellow) AS

Regards.

Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
SOTD070609.jpg

This evening:

Swedish Matador De Luxe w. Derby Extra (2)
Bob's Razorwork's Bolivian rosewood finest badger
Tabac SS
Anthony Razor Burn Repair - I have decided to try out this product for the next 3-4 shaves

Regards.

Jakob

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Jakob,
I've been meaning to comment on your wonderful photos of your daily shaving gear. Good going, fun to see the variety.

I recall when you were first testing the waters of wet shaving, that you had a lot of concerns about allegic reactions with shaving products. You had wanted to go with only unscented products. As time progressed, I noticed that you added MWF, Tabac, Floid, etc... into your rotations. Did you determine that your allergies are unaffected by shave items? What happened?

JEEP

Practically Family
Thank you. I like fiddeling around with my old Canon 20D :)

I have had some allergic reactions. The worst was from the Nieva Sensitive ASB(!), some products has given me an initial reaction, but none the following uses.

My initial interest in unscented products was mostly due to my girlfriend's perfume allergy, but luckily she has had only minor reactions to most of the products I have tried out.

Regards.

Jakob

TopGumby

One of the Regulars
Yes, Jakob's photos are always top notch.

My wife has only mild reactions to the scents on most of my shaving products, too....darnit! :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80