Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shave of the Day

JEEP

Practically Family
Good morning gentlemen!

SOTD121009.jpg

Monday morning:

Swedish bakelite handle Matador De Luxe w. Derby Extra (1)
Semogue boar
Williams Mug Soap in Old Spice Mug
Pitralon Classic AS
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Regards.

Jakob

zombi

A-List Customer
I just love looking at all you gents shaving business! My husband wears a fluffy beard, but he was taught by his father at a young age to use a straight razor. Any of you doing that?

Keep up the good work! ;) I love seeing how you get your smooth faces!

Tooch

One of the Regulars
Oh yes. I became a straight razor convert about five years ago. I'm using an old Heljestrand I picked up in a junk shop for twenty bucks. It takes a wicked edge and keeps going after ... I don't know how many years. It has a celluloid handle, which suggests it's pre-war.

I'm a Bay Rum guy for aftershave -- Pinaud's. And I use a Tweezerman's badger brush.

I just love looking at all you gents shaving business! My husband wears a fluffy beard, but he was taught by his father at a young age to use a straight razor. Any of you doing that?

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Todays BBS shave courtesy of:

1960 Gillette Fatboy
Astra Platinum blade
TOBS Mr. Taylor Shave Cream
Vintage Rooney Brush
Nivea Aftershave Balm
Old Spice Aftershave

dnjan

One Too Many
zombi said:
Been using a straightrazor since the late 70's. Got my son started a couple of years ago.

JEEP

Practically Family
Cool set Michaelshane!

SOTD141009.jpg

Wednesday morning:

No-name "Imperial" DE w. Derby Extra (2)
Blindes Arbejde bubinga handle pure badger
Palmolive SS
Aqua Velva AS
Thayer's Witch Hazel
Anthony Razor Burn Repair

It's a nice looking old razor, but it is pretty mean to the skin, without actually given that close a shave, maybe an angle issue really. I rarely break out the Anthony these days, but for times like these I am glad I keep it handy.

Regards.

Jakob

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
OOPS! Busted by Michaelshane! That was a Rooney Brush...and Michael, I, too, like the Old Spice setup as well- where did you acquire it?

JEEP

Practically Family
SOTD151009.jpg

Friday morning, reporting live from the medieval fair at Tøjhusmuseet, Copenhagen:

Brit. Gillette NEW w. Derby Extra (1)
Dovo silvertip travel brush
Tabac SS
Tabac AS
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Regards.

Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
SOTD191009.jpg

Monday morning:

WWII German Wehrmacht razor (very lightweight and extremely agressive!) w. Derby Extra (2)
Restored butterscotch silvertip
Cella SS
Proraso AS
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Regards.

Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
Indeed - it was quite a find. It came with a big lot of razors I bought very cheaply, it wasn't in the auction picture or mentioned in the description, so it was a very nice suprise to discover it among the other razors.

Regards.

Jakob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24