Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shawl Collar Mackinaws

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
boardshawlmac.jpg
Isn't that more of a Duster, with the slit up the back for riding a horse? No mater what, it has that get down to business look to it!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
A duster is more of a lightweight canvas coat. This one's the exact same cut and construction as your standard sheepskin lined, mouton collared shawl collar mackinaw, but with another foot and a half added to the bottom. As far as the rear vent goes, nearly all overcoats of the period had one to allow for more comfortable movement. This one is nowhere near long enough to use it on a horse.

3116566082_f63740fdf1_o.jpg

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for posting the adds Dinerman! This reminds me of a conversation I had a couple of months ago with a friend. He had just come back from Elk hunting, didn't get a thing, I mentioned how back in the day, my Dad and his friends would go hunting in clothing not much different from their work wear. If they got wild, they would take off their ties. No camo or other fancy cloths, and they never came back empty handed.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I just received in the mail one of ATF's mackinaw coats (US Army WW2 reproduction) and the quality of materials and construction is flawless. The sleeves are too long for the chest/torso size but that's a relatively easy fix. Strongly recommended for someone who wants a shawl collared mackinaw in a wool lined cotton and perhaps isn't having luck finding a used one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou