Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shearling Bombers demand about to sky rocket! Masters of the Air show coming Jan.

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
This show seems to star shearling bombers every scene. Btw I just got back from Milan Italy and what did I notice everywhere? Women wearing shearling bombers. Never seen so many types, cuts, styles over the course of 4 days.

Last edited:

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
Eastman was the supplier of jackets for the show

Screenshot_20231201_010148_Firefox.jpg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Haha I saw the Aero post about being one of the suppliers after Eastman's misleading "the official supplier".

Eastman does great stuff and has outfitted great films; they don't need to mislead!

I have half a mind to send a picture of the Aero jackets in the show, send them to Eastman, and ask which jacket it is so I can order.

Blackadder

Haha I saw the Aero post about being one of the suppliers after Eastman's misleading "the official supplier".

Eastman does great stuff and has outfitted great films; they don't need to mislead!

I have half a mind to send a picture of the Aero jackets in the show, send them to Eastman, and ask which jacket it is so I can order.
I remember a few of the popular brands here claim to have supplied A-2s in Red Tails but I do not remember them mentioning they are "one of". I think the same goes for Fury the film. Good of Aero to tell the "whole truth".

Aloysius

I remember a few of the popular brands here claim to have supplied A-2s in Red Tails but I do not remember them mentioning they are "one of". I think the same goes for Fury the film. Good of Aero to tell the "whole truth".

For Red Tails, Good Wear states the specific jackets they supplied, and notes that the rest were by other reproduction companies. I'm guessing some of those other companies were a little bit looser from what you're saying.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
IMG_1013.jpeg
IMG_1014.jpeg

I’m watching the show, and I got some pics of the jacket from Denny (not my jacket). The show is a bit hard to follow, Egan’s jacket stood out in the show. I’m moving a few jackets to get this one. It’s got the two panels back like the HLB contract but with a shoulder yoke on top.

Aloysius

View attachment 587146 View attachment 587147
I’m watching the show, and I got some pics of the jacket from Denny (not my jacket). The show is a bit hard to follow, Egan’s jacket stood out in the show. I’m moving a few jackets to get this one. It’s got the two panels back like the HLB contract but with a shoulder yoke on top.

I've long eyed Aero's arctic shearlings, but I was waiting for the one with unfinished sheepskin (Ken had posted about this some years ago, probably when he started work on this show under NDA).

However if I order one I'm going to ask Aero to add the chest buckle that these early B-3s had, including the ones they used to make this.
arctic-type-b-3-jpg.52436

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
I've long eyed Aero's arctic shearlings, but I was waiting for the one with unfinished sheepskin (Ken had posted about this some years ago, probably when he started work on this show under NDA).

However if I order one I'm going to ask Aero to add the chest buckle that these early B-3s had, including the ones they used to make this.
arctic-type-b-3-jpg.52436
We will be offering the chest buckle as originally fitted. Major Egans chest buckle was missing from his jacket in real life so wardrobe requested the film version have without. (Even though in real life Egan still had the remains of keeper loop attached)
The photo above is a photo I took when it was at Aero restoration a few years ago (before making for masters of the air) so we are familiar with its original features.
We suspect most people will order without as it is a bit clumsy and to be honest despite many opinions there is no hardstead answer to the buckles function.

Aloysius

The photo above is a photo I took when it was at Aero restoration a few years ago (before making for masters of the air) so we are familiar with its original features.

Yes I know. I pulled the photo from your dad's post from a few year's back. That's why I reckoned you'd know exactly where it's meant to go if someone wanted it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner