Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sherlock Holmes Hat

just_me

Practically Family
Tailrunner - I agree with you. Robert Downey Jr. is a very good actor and if the script is good, it should be an enjoyable movie. Holmes fans might enjoy it if they go into it with an open mind and realize it will be different than the books.

BTW, I like the first two Rathbone Holmes movies. I thought he was very good as Holmes. It's a shame that they changed the timeframe of the other movies. I liked Jeremy Brett, but thought Rathbone's Holmes was more interesting.
:)

Colby Jack said:
So.....what does everyone think about the new Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr?

Wrong hats on both of them first of all---to draw us kind of back to the thread title. ;)
I can't imagine Robert Downey as Sherlock nor can I imagine Jude Law as Watson. The only thing Downey has in common with the character Sherlock Homes is his addiction to drugs. :eusa_doh: :rolleyes:
It will clearly be an adaptation. However, everything Hollywood produces requires a certain suspension of reality when you watch it so this will be no different. [huh] :rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley