Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shopping rant

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
Fred H. said:
Nordstrom Rack. Lots of terrific stuff from regular Nordies at steep discounts.
I've only been in one. The service was horrendous, but I got a Nat Nast sport shirt that retailed at $248 for $45.
I stop in my So5 every once in a while and usually buy every Robert Graham they have in my size. They're generally 50-60% off. I've found better sales on RG, but they're just down the road so it's easy.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Puzzicato said:
Have you tried Jigsaw on Long Acre? Hell.
Oh yes so offputting, dreadful place! Pushy sales staff is most horrid. I can't remember how many times i have walked out of shops because they totally do my head in.

I have a sign on the door of my shop welcoming browsers, i always greet customers then leave them to it. I find they will usually ask me straight away if they have come in for something specific, or i leave them to browse, then if they look like they are floundering a bit and need some help with something, THEN i enquire! That's how i would like to be treated in a shop so i give the same respect to my customers.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss sofia said:
I have a sign on the door of my shop welcoming browsers, i always greet customers then leave them to it. I find they will usually ask me straight away if they have come in for something specific, or i leave them to browse, then if they look like they are floundering a bit and need some help with something, THEN i enquire! That's how i would like to be treated in a shop so i give the same respect to my customers.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

That's just how it should be done. Other stores should follow your example.
It needs a little more attention to see when they need help...but content customers will come back. :)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Thanks sir, i think from having worked in retail for years, i can pick up when they seem to need some help, lots of brow furrowing, moving from one foot to another, haha, just staring into space with a far-away look in their eyes...!

I understand alot of sales staff are on commission and the basic wage isn't that great sometimes, but it's no excuse for ambushing customers the minute they set foot in the door, especially in high-end establishments, its really intimidating and irritating one of my biggest bugbears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran