Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shortening the sleeves on an Aero jacket

David r

New in Town
Hi,
Bit of a lurker here. Thanks to everyone on this forum,I’ve gone from no leather jackets to three in just under a year.
Premier highwayman - tobacco badalassi
Aero A2 - battered steerhide
5 star M422a

I’ve seen the aero sale and seen a used 1950’s halfbelt in brown CXFQHH. With 25% off it looks like a decent price. However I have short arms and would need 1.5” off the arms. Is this an easy/affordable thing to do?

Link to the jacket, if of use

Thanks
David

jglf

A-List Customer
Not hard or too expensive to do. Probably be $150-$250 when factoring in shipping. Do you live in the US?

David r

New in Town
Why not ask Aero if they can make the alteration before posting it out?
Thanks very much. I’ve asked them this. They’re too busy to undertake alterations at the moment. So they’d send it out to me as is and then I would have to send it back to them at a later point when they have capacity.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks very much. I’ve asked them this. They’re too busy to undertake alterations at the moment. So they’d send it out to me as is and then I would have to send it back to them at a later point when they have capacity.

I just noticed this is a CXL jacket. It’s entirely possible (in fact likely) that the sleeves will ride up as much as you need. I would not get them shortened until you’ve worn it for a few weeks at least.

I just noticed this is a CXL jacket. It’s entirely possible (in fact likely) that the sleeves will ride up as much as you need. I would not get them shortened until you’ve worn it for a few weeks at least.

I agree, if it's just the matter of an inch or so. They will crease plus some magical shrinkage can be expected as well so with all this taken into the account, I would give it a few weeks prior to resorting to alteration.

galopede

One of the Regulars
As you're in the UK, there's a bloke in Worcester that took in the shoulders and shortened the sleeves of an almost new Highwayman I bought on ebay a few years ago. He charged me about £50 if I remember. Did a very professional job.

I took it to his shop as I live in Gloucester, not far from Worcester and he measured me up beforehand to get it right.

Can't remember the name of the place though! Will do a search if you're interested, see if he's still going

Gareth

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff