Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should this have been caught by John Lofgren QC?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So I think you have every right to be frustrated & upset by your Lofgren's. That mismatch is pretty obvious and it does not look typical of any kind of boot leahter I have encoutered. I do hope they do you right.

It is too bad this happened. Perhaps the person building the boots simply didn't notice. However I would think then they were done, they would have looked them over and obvserved this flaw. Does not look like it occured in shipping.

They are indeed really nice boots otherwise!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
[/QUOTE]

There is a long-running and recently reinvigorated pandemic on. Everybody is overworked. There are a plethora of innocent reasons why my boots could have slipped by QC, why my direct emails have thus far been unanswered, and why the dealer received the replies they did. For instance, I included a comparison pic of my other boot, which is flawless… maybe John Lofgren was accidentally shown that, and he thought I was talking about the leather’s (beautiful) slightly mottled natural dye finish, or something. Their first response to the dealer addressed what they thought was my concern over the welt, after all... this could all turn out to be a game of telephone, fueled by pandemic exhaustion. Who knows.

So while I’m not exactly thrilled to spend a considerable amount of money and have things as they are right now, I’m still giving Lofgren Co the benefit of the doubt, and hoping for a decent resolution. I guess we’ll see how it plays out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for keeping this perspecitve! It's refreshing and I agree with you Bender that there are indeed bigger issues in life right now. As indicated here through, it's still frustrating, but thanks for being willing to cut a maker some slack, even if it's not what you desire. We'll all get through this, and we're all learning a lot here as well. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko