Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show me your favorite jacket

Mark

Practically Family
No apologies needed, I was being light hearted. I enjoyed your post and can totally identify with it. Often think about my very first "proper" bespoke jacket I had and sold on as it was a tad small but oh what a lovely jacket it was. Hugs all around for our past losses.

It's quite a random post. Apologies if out of place/slightly nonsensical! I've been doing that a lot lately. I'm going to stop posting for a few weeks while I get my caffeine intake worked out, and perhaps cry me a river or two in the process. Plenty of self-hugs too. :)

Nick, it is a good post. Can't say if it's the case with you but I'm certain not everyone here so can easily afford one of those super expensive jackets we're constantly discussing. At least I can't. Had to sell my entire Hi-Fi setup, my graphic drawing tablet and a bunch of other crap so I could buy a couple of jackets that I badly wanted so it ain't so strange if I worry about whether I'm going to be able to wear them next year or not.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Nick, it is a good post. Can't say if it's the case with you but I'm certain not everyone here so can easily afford one of those super expensive jackets we're constantly discussing. At least I can't. Had to sell my entire Hi-Fi setup, my graphic drawing tablet and a bunch of other crap so I could buy a couple of jackets that I badly wanted so it ain't so strange if I worry about whether I'm going to be able to wear them next year or not.

Violating my non-posting truce for a minute,
That's true. These jackets are a pretty large scale sacrifice for a lot of us. You spend $1k plus and I think it's fair to hope the jacket will last for the rest of your life, and it's hard to not get emotionally attached to it, or go through inner turmoil when something is off, especially when that kind of money and waiting time is involved. But at the same time, there's a lot to be said for not letting them get the best of us.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Especially if you've waited 2 years as well.

What's helped me is attempting to find contentment in observing, rather than owning. The more waiting/lusting you do, the more knowledge and ideas you pick up in the meantime. So instead of rushing and ordering a jacket, you have plenty of time to weigh the options and think out your next purchase-which ultimately might be better in the long run than buying a jacket right away. I also know that more than once, I've seen a jacket posted here, which I would have purchased right away had I had the funds. But a few weeks later I realize that my tastes change, or I wasn't as enthusiastic about a jacket as when I first saw it.

Nyah

One of the Regulars
This poncho, comprised of a felted mix of wool and alpaca fibers, is my new favorite. Just in time, too, as the weather just turned cold and windy.
il_fullxfull.667228301_op78.jpg

ksozay

One Too Many
Monitor,

That jacket is quite possibly one of the nicest I've seen in the perfecto model. Wow... Really good choice and nice addition with the belt. Now I have to go and scout their site.

KS

ksozay, thank you! Man, why am I saying thanks when Aero made it? lol But thanks. It is great, yeah. Been a long time since I've been so completely happy with a jacket.

Here's mine. I'm almost glad the last one didn't work. No, I am glad it didn't.

This jacket is unbelievable, man. It looks classic, and the lining is the icing on the cake! Great one.

One day hopefully my kids will buy their own groceries and I can swing for something like this.

Really happy you like it, dh66 - most classic version was what I was going for with all the mods so I'm glad it all worked out. Aero did a really fantastic job with this one!

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
What's helped me is attempting to find contentment in observing, rather than owning. The more waiting/lusting you do, the more knowledge and ideas you pick up in the meantime. So instead of rushing and ordering a jacket, you have plenty of time to weigh the options and think out your next purchase-which ultimately might be better in the long run than buying a jacket right away. I also know that more than once, I've seen a jacket posted here, which I would have purchased right away had I had the funds. But a few weeks later I realize that my tastes change, or I wasn't as enthusiastic about a jacket as when I first saw it.
Of course, ordering a jacket for 700 € - 800 € is nothing I do just so. I like it to weight the options, think about what do do, and more than anything else I simply don't order and I'm happy with it. Having a champagne-taste on beer-budget has at least one clear advantage to the opposite: You buy less stuff ;). I firmly believe that when you own too many things you get tied to these objects and that makes you unfree. For example, owning more than just a few jackets or watches makes me fell under pressure to actually wear and use them and I can only wear one jacket, one watch at a time. So I rather have a few but very good things than loads of minor goods. ;)

Hello! This my first post...and I want to show you my favorite leather jacket...it's a Rifle GR 93 leather jacket from the Rifle jeans and jackets! It's heavy as hell!

694211928728103678192581-113309-700_700_zpsf4cf9f9a.jpg

69413696942280868437967-113309-700_700_zps7e3573f9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24