Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show me your favorite jacket

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
front.jpg back.jpg
My fav jacket size 46 prime condition fits like a glove

4444Design

One of the Regulars
each time i come across one of those "Toys McCoy" or "The real McCoy" booklets i get attracted with those BUCO leather jackets

does somebody has any experience with those jackets?
pics available?

Hey guys...I bought a brown leather jacket...it's from Sardar, but it's secon-hand....I think that it's my second favorite leather jacket!
leatherjacket_zpsedaeb01f.jpg

anyexcuse

New in Town
Leather?

Wow, I've seen a lot of leather jackets on this thread! When I look at pictures from the "Golden Era" or earlier, I see a whole lot of long dress coats and trench coats and peacoats and such. I don't have any pictures of myself, but that's the kind of outerwear I like to wear.
I really haven't seen a myriad of leather aviator, or biker jackets in old public pictures of crowds that I have seen. Maybe someone could post some for me.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Hello, I'm new to this forum, nice to meet you all, and Happy New Year to all
I want to share my personal custom jacket project, I wanted to treat myself with a totally self designed jacket in thick cowhide since I also like to ride, and luckily, my mother has a neighbor who does leather jacket, so I went there with my sketch (pencil sketch), and they measured me, asked what material etc, and 1 week later they called me to try the prototype ( of which surprisingly made from denim) it was great with minor adjustments, and then 2 days after that they called me to inspect the leather, it was 1.6mm cowhide, with somewhat orange peel like texture, black through and through down to the suede, they said it was a real nice leather (since I know nothing about the subject... I just felt it with my hand, and saw some blemishes and variation in textures on different parts of the sheet) and 2 weeks after that just after xmas, it was ready for tryout, only details, and lower hem need stitching
Yesterday on 31th the jacket(s) are done, I finally bought the prototype as well after being updated and lined, these are some photos of them. I'm so happy right now:)
my-jacket-is-done_zps445c0f04.jpg

my-jacket-is-done2_zps6fa57bbd.jpg

my-jacket-is-done4_zps37374643.jpg

my-jacket-is-done3_zps5bf5464b.jpg

Extremely cool jacket. Sleek as hell! How did you come up with the back collar pocket idea? I can see this catching on, actually. Not here, maybe, but this is deadly cool.

I see from the concept art you've included a bi-swing back, but can't really tell if they're there on the actual jacket? Also, no pockets other than the collar one?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Monitor, I came up with back collar pocket because:
1. I want the front part to be pocketless (at least no outer pockets), because from my own experience with my previous jackets, I never put anything in them.
2. I want to be able to carry my rain coat/ jacket cover without its original bag on cloudy days, or to be able to slide in spine protector underneath (probably need some trimming) but if there is ideal place to put protector it would be better sandwiched firmly between two layers of leather than from the lining inside.
3. the most concealed entry point for a back pocket on this design, since it doesn't have horizontal lines would be around the neck, and then I use vertical zipper there as functional access point and design element.
4. drinking pouch can also be placed there
5. that small leather patch with a pair of snaps can be personalized with laser engraving, or stamped, or made with reflective material for night riding, it might be interesting as accent.

the bi-swing back is implemented (although it can't be as close/ concealed as I like it to be in my original design since it will be non functional), but they were made with shaved leather, so the difference in thickness makes smooth neat operation (on my lamb jacket, since the swing and the surrounding is made with the same leather thickness, its folding mechanism isn't as neat once it fully pulled out of its sleeve, it is kinda stuck and crumple :( probably since the jacket is also kind of snug around the shoulder)
2014-12-31-13-12-04_photo_zps8d3677b7.jpg

on the front part, crease lines start forming around the shoulder whenever I rotated my shoulder inward, and these lines surprisingly meet with the bi swing on the top of my shoulder line, so I encourage its forming by kneading the crease a little bit more
my-jacket-is-done5_zps9b37efc0.jpg

there are 2 inside pockets, so far I haven't use them yet until nice natural creases finished forming as I'm afraid it will ruin the breaking in process of the midsection part.
2014-12-31-13-12-50_photo_zpsa38bbffc.jpg

thank you again for the compliment :)

Navetsea, yep I see it now. I'm really digging the neck/back pocket and the idea behind the leather patch thingie. Makes the jacket look even more futuristic. Sure sounds you can fit tons of things in there if it's going all the way to the waist. :) It's as wide as the two middle lines, correct?

the loco, would you mind uploading some photos of the PER2? That one's so rarely seen. Is it really longer in the body than the 618/118?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner