Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Dh66 - thanks! Yes it does have something similar to those Hollywood jackets - which would make sense it being 1980s/1990s with the 1950s revival that went on. I thought Norfolk jacket originally, but it's got those peaked lapels that are pretty unusual really.

Esteban68 - goodo thanks! I'll get searching :)

I'd been searching all summer for a nice summer-weight jacket...then just as summer is coming to a close I find one. Oh well!

Metatron

One Too Many
I've had some luck lately.
1950s American Harris Tweed:

three roll two, patch pockets, single vent.
Very balanced and proportionate cut with minimal shoulder padding.
A bit tight on me, so it will soon be in the classifieds. About a 38/40.

I had been looking for some grey jackets, as I am sure many vintage fans know the feeling of owning a wardrobe overwhelmingly in shades of brown.
This fulfills that need nicely, a 1952 dated Montague Burton Harris Tweed in speckled grey.

Modestly padded shoulders, ticket pocket, unusual khaki buttons and double vented.
Aero offer a pair of trousers in seemingly the same Harris Tweed colourway, perhaps there is a chance of them matching and creating a suit.

I also received a third Harris Tweed, 1940s, Canadian, which I will post once it is back from the cleaners.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
You made some terrific finds there! Particularly the rust-brown tweed is incredible.

Last edited:

Dirk Wainscotting

A-List Customer
The vintage Burton stuff is always extremely well made. They used good quality, heavyweight bemberg linings, rather than the papery rubbish you so often see today.

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
I've had some luck lately.
1950s American Harris Tweed:

three roll two, patch pockets, single vent.
Very balanced and proportionate cut with minimal shoulder padding.
A bit tight on me, so it will soon be in the classifieds. About a 38/40.

I had been looking for some grey jackets, as I am sure many vintage fans know the feeling of owning a wardrobe overwhelmingly in shades of brown.
This fulfills that need nicely, a 1952 dated Montague Burton Harris Tweed in speckled grey.

Modestly padded shoulders, ticket pocket, unusual khaki buttons and double vented.
Aero offer a pair of trousers in seemingly the same Harris Tweed colourway, perhaps there is a chance of them matching and creating a suit.

I also received a third Harris Tweed, 1940s, Canadian, which I will post once it is back from the cleaners.
Both are superb! Interested in the labels too - surprised to find that other than colouring not a lot is different. I've been looking for a good Harris Tweed to replace my 1960s ones. I've a picture of my grandfather in one in the late forties. I really want to replicate it. Let me know if you come across any that are a bit big for you ;)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

MrCairo

Familiar Face
I practically gave up on suits, unless the occasion strictly requires it (and even then one can easily get by with a more conservative jacket/odd trousers pairing, say navy and charcoal). Love the simplicity and endless combination possibilities of jackets + odd trousers. Here are some of mine:

WP_20150131_12_20_28_Pro (4).jpg

DSC_5627.JPG

2015-02-16 13.14.36.jpg

InstagramCapture_32a02551-60b3-4408-a9e2-85f65b7af0c9.jpg

Untitled.png

Dirk Wainscotting

A-List Customer
Odd jacket and trousers has been bread and butter for most chaps for many years; especially "off duty". The problem nowadays is that folk pay a lot of attention to the coat and less to the trousers, which tend to be boring and/or not half as stylish as the coat.

The plethora of low-rise cotton trousers does not do a good coat justice.

Mathematicus

A-List Customer
Odd jacket and trousers has been bread and butter for most chaps for many years; especially "off duty". The problem nowadays is that folk pay a lot of attention to the coat and less to the trousers, which tend to be boring and/or not half as stylish as the coat.

The plethora of low-rise cotton trousers does not do a good coat justice.
This is so true, often I spot men wearing very beautifully cut neapolitan coats and I'm so disappointed when I see the low rise and skinny creased legs with chunky sport shoes.

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
This one I already posted at the "German Suits" thread:
German belt back sport coat; SB with 3 buttons; I think mid/end 30's. It is a light wool fabric, grey checkered with blue windowpane.
The label says "Ihr Kleiderberater (your Outfitter) Lennartz & Plein Stuttgart": It was founded in 1931 as a fashion store, in 1934 they got their own tailoring.
24749798ro.jpg

24749799lv.jpg

Original buttons are lost: what do you think of these?
24749808kc.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana