Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Probably had a thread on this a while back, though think it needs a rehash.

I bought this jacket at the Camarillo Brooks Brothers outlet back in 2002. It served me well everywhere and I wore it to death. I wore it to the point where friends were offering me jackets to get me out of this one. I loved it. I need to see if it can be taken in. The colors are perfect. The pattern is perfect. I wish it were a suit. It's now too big.

If you get the right sport coat you can make a whole wardrobe around it... get two and people wont think you're crazy.

They are great for starting wardrobes, especially if you have the girlfriend nagging you to dress up more often. It's the sportjacket. If you don't want to be stuck with only the suit to wear when on a business trip, this can be your recourse for looking different with trouser and shirt and tie selections.

Deckardinaction-vi.jpg

Show us yours

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This is one of my favorite Harris Tweed jackets. I grab this one to wear on my evening walks in the more temperate months. I love the bold Houndstooth:

And here is another tweed jacket. I am partial to tweeds. Perhaps it is the harsh New England climate. I really like the fit of this one:

Notice the hiking boots. That's because I am in New Hampshire.

Zach R.

Practically Family
I recently bought two sportjackets -- a deep chocolate brown tweed from the 'bay and a Clairborne 3-button in what I'd call a subdued windowpane pattern(also a deep brown, but slightly darker than the tweed) from Belk. It was originally $295, but it was on the clearance rack for 45 bucks, a great deal and they both fit me perfectly.

My camera is down at the moment, but I'll snap some pics soon.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
MK said:
....maybe it will be of use to someone.

You're probably right, a wasted effort. I think that it's best that I don't post anymore of my stuff.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MK said:
I really like them too. Nice pics!
Thank you very much. ;)

I am really looking forward to Fall and tweed sportcoat whether. I'll be bringing one of these to Italy with me in November then straight to The Queen Mary. So, it will have that much richer of a history.

Another interesting thing about tweeds is that they already come with a history in the weave of the fabric, sometimes of clan, locale, or country, or often colors that are symbollic of nature. There is a certain romance to a tweed sportcoat, or even to a Palm Beach Plaid for that matter. ;)

And no offense to Tomasso, or anyone else, but I also agree that clothes and hats need bodies to animate them; to see the drape, fit, texture, cut, and for hats the proportion, brim conformity to the head, and fit. It's also a nice way to get to know our fellow members. Clothes laying on a flat surface are lifeless things.

Matt, I like your jacket and in that pic you have that "Clark Kent rushing to the phonebooth look about you." ;)

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Thought I'd revive this thread

Most of my sportjackets are just pantsless suit jacket, here are some of the more interesting ones:
4patchpocketbrowngab.jpg

4pockettweed.jpg

Here are some rock'n'roll fifties. . .
blackwrednwhitefleck.jpg

midnightatomic.jpg

diamondweave.jpg

nubbyatomic.jpg

and of course, my single button, peak lapel hepkat jacket:
bluegabhepkat.jpg

The real Henry

Practically Family
I think sport jackets are great for everyday wear as there are countless ways to combine things and as an Indiana Jones-fan and collector of the clothes that were worn in the films I simply like the idea of the tough tweed sport coat that you can put in travel bag and wear on more formal events.
I think I like a sport worn with a vest and pants in the same color (for example: choc-brown coat + dark brown vest and pants) better than a totally matching suit.

Regards,
Henrik

Feraud

Bartender
resortes805, as usual you have the best looking stuff! :eusa_clap

I like the versatility of a sports coat.

Picture5500.jpg

This is a two piece herrigbone but it looks great as a sportscoat.
Picture5497.jpg

I have a few others I will try to get pictures of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot