Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

Bugsy

One Too Many
thunderw21 said:
Bugsy, we must see more of that number, specifically the back of the jacket.

:eusa_clap

Thank you, Thunder. I'll try to take some more pictures soon. BTW, I had it made by Magnolis. It's the first time I've ever ordered bespoke clothing on line, and the results far surpassed my expectations.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
Striking a 'resortes' pose. Arms need to be let down a tad but everything else fits very well.
005-10.jpg

I call it the "ready to dodge bullets or play basketball while impeccably dressed" pose.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
I love sport coats!

This puppy is hands down my favorite (although I got a single button, single breasted, pecked-lapel number, in red-brown that my win that title after a trip to the tailor).

It has a '49 union tag. It's kinda a hybrid number with both 40's and 50's styling details - which is why I like it so much. Also, to me hounds-tooth always seems to say: "watch out, I'm here to party!"

rave7.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I just got this at the thrift shop. Guess as to date on it? I want to say early '50s? I'll try to get some better pictures tomorrow, because what I just took look like bad ebay snaps.

Half lined, patch pocket, short single vent in the rear. Heavyweight navy flannel. Mother of pearl-ish buttons. Two inside pockets. No makers label, just the loomed in England one. Stub of an old union tag, but not enough to tell anything.

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
Count me in as a hug fan of houndstooth. I have houndstooth (houndsteeth?) sports coats, pants, and a tie. Of course I don't wear it all at one time. :)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Mine -
DSC00363.jpg

The lining
DSC00367.jpg

A faux ticket pocket.
DSC00362.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

Nice one, Feraud. The fake ticket pocket is an interesting feature.

What brand is yours? That lining looks very similar to the linings of my two "Campus" jackets.

Looks like we have the Rat Pack thing going.

Warbaby

One Too Many
resortes805 said:
I'm a big fan of houndstooth...check out these rock and roll slacks!
tp_043b.jpg

Those are just about the coolest R&R trous I've ever seen!

And speaking of houndstooth, I've recently acquired a couple of nice houndstooth jackets, courtesy of our local thrift shop.

HoundstoothA1cr.jpg

HoundstoothA3cr.jpg

HoundstoothA2cr.jpg

This one is cashmere. The colors don't show up well in the photos, but it's burgundy, dark green and cream.

HoundstoothB1cr.jpg

HoundstoothB2cr.jpg

HoundstoothB3cr.jpg

HoundstoothB4cr.jpg

These are my first houndstooth jackets and I'm having a bit of a problem trying to figure out what sort of tie to wear with them. Because the pattern of the houndstooth is pretty busy, anything other that solid colors doesn't seem to work. Is it just me, or am I limited to solid colors?​

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
I would commit crime to have found pants to complete this db jacket.

DSC06405.jpg

DSC06408.jpg

DSC06413.jpg

DSC06409.jpg

DSC06412.jpg

If I am not mistaken, it is a palm beach, no? If so, you can match it up with any other palm beach pants, or at least in this particular palm beach color.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Warbaby said:
I'm having a bit of a problem trying to figure out what sort of tie to wear with them. Is it just me, or am I limited to solid colors?
Solids are much easier to match than patterns but it can be done. Just make sure that the ties have patterns that are either substantially smaller or larger than the houndstooth pattern.

That said, I really like a solid silk knit with houndstooth.

HoundstoothB2cr.jpg
Shoes353.jpg

Warbaby

One Too Many
Tomasso - thanks for the tip. I don't have any silk knits but I'll scour the thrift shops and see what I can find. Meanwhile, I do have a few solid color silks to tide me over. I've also got some really bold (read wild) patterns that might work if the combination doesn't make me look too much like a clown. Or I could just stick the nose on and be done with it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen