Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
I hope you got more for it than i paid . . .

Was there loose stitching at the pocket-tops and at the top of the box pleat when you sold it? Or has a clumsy-handed chap wearing a jacket too small for him - very possibly inebriated - had a-hold of it.

bk

Yes, the loose stitching was present when I first got it.
pleats.jpg

toilet roll dispenser!!!!

bk

(my apologies; i really do look out for them in pictures on internet forums. I find it hilarious, for some reason, that someone would choose to photograph themselves with a toilet roll dispenser in shot. Possibly makes sense for some sort of scatophilia website. Otherwise . . . ?)

Jovan

Suspended
Well, it's obviously a tweed, has quarter lined back and centre vent, and what you can't see is that there are leather buttons. It's probably a '70s to modern piece judging by the armholes. In any case, I didn't care. It was $8. :)

Feraud

Bartender
A beautiful heavy Harris Tweed sportcoat I just purchased. A three button that rolls to two. Clean throughout, no stains, rips, or pulls to the lining.
DSC04218.jpg

The obligatory label pics..
DSC04225.jpg

DSC04227.jpg

A close up of the pattern
DSC04222.jpg

The jacket with a green Stetson Whippet
DSC04223.jpg

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Delicious!
(The hat and sportscoat, not the toilet paper.)

I've seen 2 or 3 green whippets go by on eBay in the last 6-8 months...I don't think it's for me, though.I'm sure it works very well with your olivey skin, Feraud.

Feraud

Bartender
Mr. Rover said:
I'm sure it works very well with your olivey skin, Feraud.
I have olivey skin?? ;)

Btw, the brown Rene Menard fedora has been in constant use since you passed it along to me Mr. Rover. It is a wonderful hat. Many thanks!

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Olive toned? Olive oily? Extra virgin? what? What? :eusa_clap
Yeah- that is a beautiful hat I sold you! Too bad I never wore it....although, it's like one hat out, two hats in. I bought a beautiful vintage Borsalino that i showed to Bern and a Stetson Sovereign, both gray.

Feraud

Bartender
One hat out two hats in is the way it works.
As soon as I donate clothes to charity I find other items to take it's place in the closet. I cannot make any room at home! lol

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Agreed! I thought the sportscoat looked excellent, and then I saw it with the hat - what a sharp combination! :eusa_clap I note the swelled edge on the lapels, too. See, I learned something last week thanks to Tomasso and Matt Deckard!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Here are mine.

One for the 1960s, I don't wear it. Not because of the pattern but because it's too big. From J.C. Petersen's, my great-great grandfather's haberdashery.
sportcoat001.jpg

RL tweed. I really like this one.
sportcoat002.jpg

sportcoat003.jpg

sportcoat004.jpg

sportcoat005.jpg

A 1950s fleck sports coat. Again, too large for me.
sportcoat006.jpg

sportcoat007.jpg

A new Clairborne jacket.
sportcoat008.jpg

sportcoat009.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL