Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your Ebay finds and purchases

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I just got this for my niece. It's a Dithridge Glass condiment caddy, made probably in the 1890s.
My great great great grandfather (on my mother's side) was William Dithridge. He was a master glass maker in England, and was brought to America, to Pittsburgh, Pa., in 1812 to help start a glass manufacturing industry. He brought his family over 2 years later.
Dithridge Glass, and Fort Pitt Glass, went on to become a major glass making company in the country. They closed their doors around 1900.
Anyway, this neat item is typical of the stuff they made. Elegant, and very Victorian pieces like this, salt shakers, cut glass pitchers and dishes, and kerosene lamp chimneys.
Dithridgeglass.jpg

Last edited:
I just got this for my niece. It's a Dithridge Glass condiment caddy, made probably in the 1890s.
My great great great grandfather (on my mother's side) was William Dithridge. He was a master glass maker in England, and was brought to America, to Pittsburgh, Pa., in 1812 to help start a glass manufacturing industry. He brought his family over 2 years later.
Dithridge Glass, and Fort Pitt Glass, went on to become a major glass making company in the country. They closed their doors around 1900.
Anyway, this neat item is typical of the stuff they made. Elegant, and very Victorian pieces like this, salt shakers, cut glass pitchers and dishes, and kerosene lamp chimneys.
Dithridgeglass.jpg

Nice find. It is always good to find an item that has a family connection. You certainly appreciate it more. Your grandfather could well have been the person who made it.

rue

Dithridgeglass.jpg

Beautiful! I love the family history behind it too :)

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Idea of how this thing killing a bear is quite funny. It is very common design and there will be probably no problem to find wooden version.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
How much? :p I'll be there in ten minutes. :D

In Southern Michigan those garniture sets turn up pretty frequently, and sell for little. One of the antique malls in Allen has had a garniture in that Art Deco style (massive clock with diamond shaped dial, and bookended garnitures which were intended to take the place of the Victori an tazzas or candelabra) for sale for less than $400.00, and it has been on offer for at least five years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails