Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your Ebay finds and purchases

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Yes, usually. Aukro is also making efforts to enforce PayU (alternative of PayPal, obviously), but without visible success. Aukro is good choice for vintage audio, furniture, art and household accesories, however true vintage apparel is rare than rare and therefore no longer has a separate section. Just by the way, to let you know what to expect.

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Here it is. I have a feeling it plays better than my old electric turntables.
[video=youtube;xUzClxmIp5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUzClxmIp5g[/video]

Mario

I'll Lock Up
^^Ha! I had that one on my watch list. ;)

Doesn't look 70's at all. If I were to take a stab at it, I'd say very late 30's to early 40's.
It definitely has one of the pre-1949 union labels (and even though the telltale signs are covered by the lining, my guess would be the '39-'49 issue).

Are those scalloped pocket flaps?

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just kidding. I know it is old ;-)

I am just not sure about the fit. Measureing the sleeves mid-neck to shoulder to end of cuff doesn't work for me. I tried it on different jackets, different results. 50/50 chance it will fit :eusa_doh:

Scalloped pocket flaps...I don't even know....[huh]

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PS: Damn. :eusa_doh:The overall lenght is REALLY short. I first thought it was just short compared to todays standards. I needed to cancel the deal. The seller was super fast and nice and I will get a full refund.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
8 Valve

Hear is my ebay find. Funny thing, I wasn't even the high bidder, and I sure didn't think my bid would be high enough, when the reserve wasn't even meant. Last night I get an email that says, "we need to talk," so I told him to call me today. It was right here in town, less then 15 miles away. Unfortunately, I had to wait for the electrical inspector, you know, some time between 8:00 and 5:00. When I went to look at it, I had convinced my self not to buy it, already have to many projects. Then I saw it, love at first sight, it is mostly a replica, new made parts, but it is a 1912 8 Valve Indian, and as close as I will ever get to owning one! There are a few items missing, all made new, fuel tank, wheels, handelbar controls and pedal assembly. I'm like a kid on Christmas! Where it is pedal start, do you think I can get away with, "but officer, it's just a big Moped?"
IMG_4259.jpg
IMG_4264.jpg
IMG_4267.jpg
IMG_4268.jpg
IMG_4271.jpg
IMG_4280.jpg

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Hear is my ebay find. Funny thing, I wasn't even the high bidder, and I sure didn't think my bid would be high enough, when the reserve wasn't even meant. Last night I get an email that says, "we need to talk," so I told him to call me today. It was right here in town, less then 15 miles away. Unfortunately, I had to wait for the electrical inspector, you know, some time between 8:00 and 5:00. When I went to look at it, I had convinced my self not to buy it, already have to many projects. Then I saw it, love at first sight, it is mostly a replica, new made parts, but it is a 1912 8 Valve Indian, and as close as I will ever get to owning one! There are a few items missing, all made new, fuel tank, wheels, handelbar controls and pedal assembly. I'm like a kid on Christmas! Where it is pedal start, do you think I can get away with, "but officer, it's just a big Moped?"
IMG_4259.jpg

I'm sure any rebuild would be of interest in this thread Show-us-your-motorcycles!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
It is going to be a little while before that happens. I have two other projects first. I am trying to find the fellow in Canada who makes the fuel tanks for this bike, I do want to get at least that part of the project going! I will post any progress no mater how snail paced.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
USS Colorado

I actually bought these last year. There is a 50-50 chance that the one with the red air inductions is the real Colorado, the other one is definitely not. Still I like them. As you can see, there is quite a difference on the interpretation of the topside buff color. Some day I would like to make an RC USS Colorado. I always liked the Great White Fleet color scheme!
img001.jpg
img002.jpg
img003.jpg
img004.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider