Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your Porkpies

GWD

One Too Many
web.jpg

Edward

Bartender
GWD said:
Yes it is a plush finish, it a JC Penney's Marathon.

Really like the look of that one. I like the light colour straw, too - nice alternative to a Panama in the warmer weather Hmmnn....

GWD

One Too Many
Edward said:
Really like the look of that one. I like the light colour straw, too - nice alternative to a Panama in the warmer weather Hmmnn....

It's a new Dobbs Coronado, I found a link here if you're interested.

Viper Man

Banned
:eusa_clap Great pies, everyone! This is my new favorite thread. :D
I love porkpies and have hand bashed three of my stingy brims in this style. I like my crowns on the taller side. Here is my favorite, a Stetson 15 3 X Beaver with a 2" brim...

315844864.jpg

Here is my brown/khaki Cavanagh...

312994990.jpg

and finally, my black Cavanagh...

309767055.jpg

univibe88

One Too Many
Is it normal/proper for a porkpie to have a bit of rake to it? ie, the back to be a bit lower than the front? Or should the crown height be the same all around?

Viper Man

Banned
univibe88 said:
Is it normal/proper for a porkpie to have a bit of rake to it? ie, the back to be a bit lower than the front? Or should the crown height be the same all around?

I like mine tall and flat on top. Almost like a mini top hat. Also, I almost always leave my brims up but mine are 2" or shorter.

univibe88

One Too Many
I am planning on getting a porkpie and I can't decide if I will leave the brim snapped up or down in the front. What is the longest brim you feel can be leaved snapped up?

Viper Man

Banned
I would imagine it depends on the shape of your face and what you're comfortable with. Personally, I don't like the brim up on my hats if they are wider than 2".

GWD

One Too Many
I got a little bored today so I made a Porkpie!

Before

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

After

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

This hat has a moth hole in it so I wouldn't feel too bad if I ruined it. But I think it turned out okay.

GWD

One Too Many
Viper Man said:
:eusa_clap Great pies, everyone! This is my new favorite thread. :D
I love porkpies and have hand bashed three of my stingy brims in this style. I like my crowns on the taller side. Here is my favorite, a Stetson 15 3 X Beaver with a 2" brim...

315844864.jpg

Here is my brown/khaki Cavanagh...

312994990.jpg

and finally, my black Cavanagh...

309767055.jpg

You've definitely got the perfect look for those pies!

Viper Man

Banned
GWD said:
You've definitely got the perfect look for those pies!

Thanks, pal! You wear well 'em well, too. I just scored this one on ebay last week but it hasn't arrived yet...

2e43_1.JPG

It's a Stephen L. Stetson and the price was nice. :D

I also have Art putting the finishing touches on a 2" stingy brim "Uptown" in Granite with a backbow. That one should be ready in a week or so. I can't wait!

univibe88

One Too Many
Viper Man said:
I also have Art putting the finishing touches on a 2" stingy brim "Uptown" in Granite with a backbow. That one should be ready in a week or so. I can't wait!

That is going to be awesome!

I just put down a deposit on a porkpie from Art. I'm going to get a 2.25" brim with a welted edge - charcoal felt with a thick black ribbon...very similar to GWD's Mallroy above.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
I did this one, last year, after seeing Buster Keaton in one of the "Beach Party" movies. (The hat was a Resistol fedora, with some moth damage and a split sweatband.)

P1040019.jpg

GWD

One Too Many
J.T.Marcus said:
I did this one, last year, after seeing Buster Keaton in one of the "Beach Party" movies. (The hat was a Resistol fedora, with some moth damage and a split sweatband.)

Thanks for joining J.T.!

I'm sensing a trend here, converting moth eaten hats into porkpies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy