Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your vintage desktops!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Atomic Glee said:
Current desktop on my MacBook Pro - I liked the DVD menu for "Sleepers West" so much I made it into a desktop:

437209136_925f2b38f4.jpg

You 17"er you ;)

LD

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
You 17"er you ;)

LD

Hehehe, nope, actually it's just the 15", at the usual 1440x900 resolution. A friend of mine got the 17" after I bought my 15", and while the 17" is...painfully gorgeous, it's just too big for me to cart around. I take mine everywhere, and after a while I figure you'd start to feel those two extra inches. :)

Dan G

One of the Regulars
How on God's green earth are you guys getting images of your desktop?!?! I've been fooling with this darn thing for an hour now and I can't figure it out!!:eusa_doh:

So I'm a little technologically challenged.[huh]

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
On a PC you should have a button on your keyboard that will allow you to take a screen shot. I believe its called the "Print Screen" button.

On a Mac, you can do it a few ways. By hitting the 'Apple' (Command button) Shift, 4, gives you an icon that you can draw the screen shot as large as you like. I think a full shot is Apple /Shift/ 3

LD

Dan G

One of the Regulars
oh hohohoho, I got it!:D After a near nervous breakdown and a close suicide attempt I think I got it. Thanks!!!
Anyway, I was taking pictures of my '57 reissue Fender Strat, when I accidentally took this picture. I though it was kinda cool. Sorry it's not bigger, but I figure thats not worth killing myself over.;)

untitled2.jpg

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
On a PC you should have a button on your keyboard that will allow you to take a screen shot. I believe its called the "Print Screen" button.

On a Mac, you can do it a few ways. By hitting the 'Apple' (Command button) Shift, 4, gives you an icon that you can draw the screen shot as large as you like. I think a full shot is Apple /Shift/ 7?

LD

Apple, Shift, 3. :)

staggerwing

One of the Regulars
Am I the only one?

Maybe it's because I'm towards the older end of the age spectrum here.... I've been wanting to create a vintage looking office. I saw this thread on "vintage desktops" and I was thinking fountain pens, black, rotary-dial telephones, leather desk blotters. I was looking forward to getting some really nifty ideas, but all I found were these pictures of computer screens! Not that some of you don't have cool computer screens now....

Oh, by th way, the picture on my computer screen looks like the one at the left.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I used to use this one

Railroad Sunset, 1929.

hopper12.jpg

You've been here. I've been here. We've all been here. I don't care if you've never been on a train in your life. You can hear this time of the day, feel it, maybe even smell it.

Some things never change. Hopper found them, and painted them.

mikepara

Practically Family
hehehe

Sorry guy's, I too was thinking along the lines of nice wooden desk, art deco pen holders etc. Old fart!

My computer usually has someone from the Irish rugby team on it.

There seems to be a lot of icons on most desktops! Am I the only one with one on there?

Jovan

Suspended
staggerwing, mikepara: Feel free to post pictures of those, too. :)

Dan G: You can also take a shot of just the window in focus with Alt+PrintScreen. Useful if you need pictures of error messages for tech support, too.

staggerwing

One of the Regulars
mikepara said:
There seems to be a lot of icons on most desktops! Am I the only one with one on there?

Probably, but I've only got a couple. I hate the things because they mess up my picture. If I want to open a file, I go to the menu (or whatever it's called). Now, the computer at home that my wife and I share is a different story. She's constantly putting more of the infernal things on the screen.

Novella

Practically Family
Orgetorix - lol too funny!

And flat-top, your desktop is so creative!

I just took a desktop image from the TCM website. It's been up for weeks now though, I think it's time for something new, er new-old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen