Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us the doll you'd love to keep under your hat!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Tricky one! as the 30's and 40's had so many silver screened goddesses to choose from. As one wise bard pointed out on this site recently, you could take an average looking girl, dress her in the screen idol look, and she would miraculously be reincarnated as a 'head turning,' 'traffic stopping' goddess!

To prove a point, I include below the pictures of Jennifer Connelly, who was the lead actress in the 1991 Disney retro movie, THE ROCKETEER. To me, that 30's look just transformed her into a honey that would raise the 'big top tent' for any hot blooded buck!

My other sweetie from the original silver screen days would have to be Carole Landis (mostly forgotten these days). Call me a strange one, but I have a pic of her during WW2 visiting the 5th AAF and she's dressed in a Jolly Roger A-2 and to me just looks stunning!! Anyway chaps...here we go...

...who would YOU have as a dream gal hanging off your arm..?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Then there's Norma Shearer for a Friday night...

This honey just melts me. Why don't broads dress like this anymore? Even at the Oscars they don't seem to give a toss!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
How to make an A-2 flight jacket sexy...

This gal just does it for me big time! I love my vintage flight jackets guys, but what is it about a good looking broad in a man's jacket (or shirt!!). Just think of Marilyn in Korea, wearing a B15-B (blue nylon jacket), or Carole here in this beat-up A-2, raising more than the troops morale I bet!

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
There's only one dame that's been able to melt, steal and keep my heart. She's got the spunk and the charm of a Tom Girl with the grace of Audrey Hepburn.

7 years of being together hasn't deminished that at all. I didn't go and ruin it by getting married.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Ann Sheridan.

YEOWZA!

img8.jpg

havershaw

Practically Family
Yes, well, of course, my wife is number one...

...but these dames aren't too hard on the eyes:

Veronica Lake
f7d2e86b.jpg
f7d2e86e.jpg

f7d2e863.jpg
f7d2e869.jpg

Lauren Bacall
f7d2e867.jpg
f7d2e85d.jpg

Rita Hayworth
f7d2e859.jpg

I have some other favorites...no time to list 'em all now.

oh, and Gene Tierney:
f7d2e864.jpg

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wow, I agree!

My favorite (this week of course) in the vintage girls category:

Greer Garson, AKA Mrs. Miniver! WOW!

f7d282a5.jpg

And of course my ALL TIME beauty (Laura, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, etc.) Gene Tierney.

(See photo in previous post above)

Michael Mallory

One of the Regulars
First things first: Jennifer Connolly wearing a medieval suit of armor could still make one drop down on all fours and bite sticks. To all the above (particularly Lauren and Rita), I have to add Ingrid Bergman. Except that she was taller than most Hollywood leading men, so might have to have her on your arm on a staircase.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ok gentle men, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m really liking this one! Let me see?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ Oh, Ginger Rogers for sure!!! She was a gal that had class, grace and glamour! She also had a sense of realness to her acting. Yeah, most of her films were from the mid 30?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s but she still had a good look in the early 40?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s. She will for ever be dear to me.

On the other hand, Myrna Loy has a very sweet disposition. I love the ?¢‚Ǩ?ìThe Thin Man?¢‚Ǩ? films she stared in with William Powell. She just was so sweet and clever as well. Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, Myrna! She also had some outfits too boot!

Ann Rutherford is dear to me as well. I had the pleasure of meeting her at a friends house last year. What a lady! She couldn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t stop paying me complements on my 40?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s clothes! I felt bad because I felt she was the special one. She is so nice and still with it.

Norma Shearer comes to mind as one that isn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t mentioned very often as well. The photo I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m sharing of her was taken early in her career. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m guessing early 30?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s.

Now, I must say that Carole Landis is a ?¢‚Ǩ?ìReet Sweet?¢‚Ǩ? in that A-2! With the Jolly Roger emblem on the rudder of that B-24 is swell!

Any way, enjoy the show boys!

Bogie1943

Practically Family
PADDY are you sure we didn't fly together in the 8TH? We are truely two men of the same wing, I love ladies in that look. Oh there is nothing like a woman of that era or dressed in that era. I have always wished girls would start dressing that way again, well, lol, men should start donning suits and fedoras again too by golly. I also agree with your thoughts on Connely, she looked incredible in that film, one of my favs btw. I would like to paint her on my B-17!LOL cocky pilot in me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart