Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

Marketed towards older men with long beards who could stand to lose a few pounds...
To hell you say!

IMG_8570.JPG

IMG_8568.JPG

IMG_8569.JPG

Sad but true. Several years back, one of the preeminent facial recognition experts discredited Brushy Bill Roberts as Billy the Kid based on facial features that change over time and those that do not.
Paulita Maxwell lived to be 85 yrs old & she swore & never wavered from the story that William Bonney/ BtK died in the Maxwell home that night. What she did deny was that he was killed in her bedroom & the body moved as most historians believe. She was pregnant & married soon after to give the baby a father's name; that marriage didn't last. Another thing she never endorsed was that William H. Roberts was
William H. Bonney/BtK.

Paulita Maxwell's grandson ( & possibly the grandson of BtK) lived until 2005.

Ft. Worth town Marshall and gunfighter of some notoriety, Jim Courtright.

download

As portrayed by Billy Bob Thornton on "1883".

scrnli_16_12_2021_00-41-01.jpg

Courtright was killed in a gunfight with another well known gunfighter and co-owner of the White Elephant Saloon, Luke Short.
luke-short-age-23-001_orig.jpg

Shown with some other fairly famous figures from the West, Short is second from the left, back row.
f-Dodge-City-Peace-Commissioners.jpg

This is the reason why The Lounge is so addictive. The quips might not be spontaneous, none the less they hit the funny button, right dead centre.
Thank you Sir, I shall accept that as a compliment. And, might I add, I always enjoy reading your posts whether they're humorous, informative, and/or a showcase for your lovely wife's talents as a clothing maker and the results of her labors.

w3avEMK.gif

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Your compliments are, as always, generous to a fault, thank you. My missus is going to be very busy during the winter months. There's a pair of khaki trousers and a camouflage shirt on the production line. Watch this space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21