Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
He was a true mechanical genius. He’s sometimes compared to Peter Paul Mauser, but Browning was on a whole different level. Such a range of rifles, shotguns, and pistols is unprecedented. That his designs are still popular and arguably still the best engineered 150 years after he designed them is amazing.
On the subject of firearms American, Brigadier General John T. Thompson was the inventor of the Thompson submachine gun, the iconic “Tommy gun.”
Tommy_Churchill.jpg

This 1940 photo of British Prime Minister
Winston Churchill holding an M1928 Tommy gun,
helped cement its namesake inventor’s reputation.

I was wondering if someone would catch it! Lol
I think Powers Boothe and Buck Taylor was the best dressed actors of the whole movie.

I originally thought it was a true old photo, and was a little taken aback by the resemblance. After looking around, I realized that was a studio photograph from the movie and it really is Powers Booth.

I like the story behind the shot, too. Apparently, they were on their way to filming their final scene and he gathered all his "gang" together for one last shot "before we're all killed."

MisplacedHillbilly

One of the Regulars
I originally thought it was a true old photo, and was a little taken aback by the resemblance. After looking around, I realized that was a studio photograph from the movie and it really is Powers Booth.

I like the story behind the shot, too. Apparently, they were on their way to filming their final scene and he gathered all his "gang" together for one last shot "before we're all killed."
It is a cool story, I grabbed the image from a Google search. The original is color, I changed it with my phones photo editor.

Mighty44

One Too Many
I love Ernie Pyle and have read all his books. I went to his hometown in Indiana years ago when they had an Ernie Pyle museum (now closed, I believe). I read years ago
that they turned this house into a library.

David

View attachment 399889

Journalist Ernie Pyle talking with neighbor at his home on Girard Avenue, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1941 - 1944?
Photographer: Ferenz Fedor

Pyle, the brave and gifted World War II correspondent, died in the Pacific in 1945 after being hit by a sniper's bullet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner