Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
1712732492720.png

When a classic car enthusiast enters the spirit of the car's era, what a pleasure to see.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
mg ytype.jpg
Boaters seem very popular to wear at classic car shows, maybe I should consider one.
I came across this photo on my phone when I was deleting some old pics. The car model
is identical to mine. Originally it didn't have whitewall tyres, nor headlamp guards but
the restoration has been sympathetic to the original. The colour certainly makes mine
look dull. There again, if the original paint is 77 years old, (my car is a 1947 model,) in
good condition, it's worth saving.
old photos 276.JPG

old photos 004.JPG
I know that I am supposed to show you their hats, so just lets say this is for Tina.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Pink Hat 001.JPG

Tina came across this hat on a trader's stall at The Goodwood Revival, a vintage festival like no other. The hat is, or was, a gentleman's trilby. Using her sewing knowledge and seeing "How To," on YouTube the lady made herself an excellent accoutrement to go with the burgundy suit that she made for herself. Seen here at today's, "Classic Cars on the Quay," it garnered many a compliment.

At that classic car show, the entrants were asked to nominate their choice for the classic of the show. A guffaw of laughter and a roar of approval followed my choice.
"You see that Triumph car there," I said and they all turned to look where I was pointing. "Look just above it," I gestured. "Can I nominate that hat as the best entry of the day?" That's what brought about so much laughter. You want to see the hat now, don't you?
Oh go on then:

Pink Hat 002.JPG Pink Hat 003.JPG

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
A winner every time!

View attachment 608464
Tina came across this hat on a trader's stall at The Goodwood Revival, a vintage festival like no other. The hat is, or was, a gentleman's trilby. Using her sewing knowledge and seeing "How To," on YouTube the lady made herself an excellent accoutrement to go with the burgundy suit that she made for herself. Seen here at today's, "Classic Cars on the Quay," it garnered many a compliment.

At that classic car show, the entrants were asked to nominate their choice for the classic of the show. A guffaw of laughter and a roar of approval followed my choice.
"You see that Triumph car there," I said and they all turned to look where I was pointing. "Look just above it," I gestured. "Can I nominate that hat as the best entry of the day?" That's what brought about so much laughter. You want to see the hat now, don't you?
Oh go on then:

View attachment 608465 View attachment 608466

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
A young Jesse James

Edit to add: It was recently pointed out to me that this photo is more than likely not Jesse James after all. It's like Abraham Lincoln once said, "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." Google may have failed me once again. Aside from that, I like the hat that guy in the picture is wearing, whoever he may be.

Attachments

• Polish_20240424_110748921~2.png
    Polish_20240424_110748921~2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner