Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

...Jamie Lee Curtis & her mother Janet Leigh remove their hats at Studio 54; 1970's. Mom looks like she self medicated before leaving home...
Over the years I've seen that same wide-eyed look on more than a few people who, I discovered, were wearing contact lenses. Why, I don't know, but those lenses seemed to be the common denominator.

Rockwater

A-List Customer
Your father's hat is truly superb. Thank you for sharing such a great example! Did that hat happen to be passed on to you?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

If only, if only....
Hats were like shoes in our house, they got worn, then tossed.
Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Last edited:
New Mexico cowboy George McJunkin

IMG_1217.JPG

IMG_1218.GIF

Anna Ralston James, wife of Frank James & their son, Robert. Probably taken not long after Frank's death in 1915.

IMG_1142.JPG

Robert & Mae James, 1940. Robert was married twice, both of his wife's were named Mae. Neither marriage produced children.

IMG_1140.JPG

Robert James, taken shortly before he died in Nov 1959 at age 82, ending the linage to Frank.

IMG_1138.JPG

image.jpeg

Photo is of Crazy Horse's eldest nephew Moses Clown (on right) with South Dakota friend Irvin Munyon taken in 1918. Moses was killed in combat the same month the war ended, November 1918. Irvin lived to return to South Dakota. Moses death made his mother, Iron Cedar aka Julia Clown, who was also Crazy Horse's little sister the first Gold Star Mother in South Dakota. Photo courtesy Munyon Family.

"Little Archie" Clements joined Quantrill's Partisan Rangers at age 15. Said to have been a deadly pistolero he made Lieutenant riding under William Anderson by age 17. Shot & killed by 3 federal's in his hometown after the war just on revenge.

1. Archie Clements
2. Dave Poole
3. Bill Hendricks

IMG_1401.JPG

IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

Buried & moved a couple of times, left unmarked by family members in fear of what had happened to Anderson's body. Some of his descendants say he's not really buried where marked today.

IMG_1398.JPG

If you read the historical novel "Woe to Live On" or watched the movie, "Ride With the Devil" the fictional character of Pitt Mackeson is based on Archie Clements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana