Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

May 1956, the new Summer hats!
15588086775841454461957.jpg

May 1951, General MacArthur wearing civilian clothes for the first time in 12 years stands for the National Anthem at a Giants-Phils game. First big league game he had been able to attend since 1935! View attachment 170048

Is MacArthur holding a homburg? The brim looks wider than common homburgs, but the bound and curled edge and gutter crease sure looks homburgish to me. Maybe it’s just the angle that makes the brim look so wide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is MacArthur holding a homburg? The brim looks wider than common homburgs, but the bound and curled edge and gutter crease sure looks homburgish to me. Maybe it’s just the angle that makes the brim look so wide?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wait until you see yours!! Then you can say, I have a hommie "just like MacArthur's"!!!
;)
Plus the camera angle I think.......

Last edited:
An appropriate day to post this picture of hats! One of the favorites of my collection!
7-12-43 CHECK YOUR HATS FOR THE DURATION
A.O. Wetzel, proprietor of an Oak Park Illinois Drug Store, keeps hats nicely labeled, of all his customers who have entered the services, Army, Navy, Marines and even the WAVES............
On the far left helping Wetzel in the picture is Mrs. John L. Davidson Jr. Whose husband is overseas, and Rosemary Tye (center) who has three brothers in uniform.
1559858336141950447023.jpg

Last edited:

Steinbockhase

Practically Family
An appropriate day to post this picture of hats! One of the favorites of my collection!
7-12-43 CHECK YOUR HATS FOR THE DURATION
A.O. Wetzel, proprietor of an Oak Park Illinois Drug Store, keeps hats nicely labeled, of all his customers who have entered the services, Army, Navy, Marines and even the WAVES............. View attachment 171791

Interesting; looks like they were nailed to the wall.

Interesting; looks like they were nailed to the wall.
Probably tacks...a little steam and gentle rubbing with the fingers easily erases such holes......

I should have noted when I posted that one of the girls pictured had three brothers in the army. I will add that information along with her name to the post when I get home...
PS: I HAVE now updated my post above with information on the women in the picture!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points