Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
On this 75th anniversary of D-day, a picture of my father. He participated at Omaha beach, providing medical care.
b2dbb3a8e3a5890abc3c6fa13d6f82e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Great photo DD. I can't even imagine what he must have seen. God bless him.

@Cornshucker77, Scott, I keep going back and looking at the photo of your dad. Besides how great a pic it is and what good fortune it is for you to have it, what a helluva win. Double sprung buggy with an articulating axle and diamond tufted seats. The pony is sporting brand new, good looking harness leathers. The pony looks suspect, though.

Last edited:

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
@Cornshucker77, Scott, I keep going back and looking at the photo of your dad. Besides how great a pic it is and what good fortune it is for you to have it, what a helluva win. Double sprung buggy with an articulating axle and diamond tufted seats The pony is sporting brand new, good looking harness leathers. The pony looks suspect, though.
Thanks Greg. That Pony was an ornery thing. Dad was the only one who could ride him. If anyone else rode him he threw them off. If anyone else rode him bareback he ran straight for the water tank and slid up to it with his head down and the rider would on more than one occasion slide over the neck and head into the water. LOL But yes Dad was pretty proud of this rig.

Thanks Greg. That Pony was an ornery thing. Dad was the only one who could ride him. If anyone else rode him he threw them off. If anyone else rode him bareback he ran straight for the water tank and slid up to it with his head down and the rider would on more than one occasion slide over the neck and head into the water. LOL But yes Dad was pretty proud of this rig.
Great pic & family history Scott. We had a pony that would wait until you were about 3/4 mi going away from home, then lower his head, slide you off & head back home leaving you to walk.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
@Cornshucker77, Scott, I keep going back and looking at the photo of your dad. Besides how great a pic it is and what good fortune it is for you to have it, what a helluva win. Double sprung buggy with an articulating axle and diamond tufted seats. The pony is sporting brand new, good looking harness leathers. The pony looks suspect, though.
...........and by the way, I didn't get his luck. The only thing I ever won was a Trojan seed corn coffee cup tree at the county fair. Damn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav