Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
I like this photo too. It's been posted somewhere here before, and every time I see it I'm puzzled by the gent behind the bar wearing what appears to be a modern ball cap. :confused:
I like this photo too. It's been posted somewhere here before, and every time I see it I'm puzzled by the gent behind the bar wearing what appears to be a modern ball cap. :confused:
Zombie your statement made me curious. I started looking for shortbill baseball caps. Seems like maybe this photo based on the cap may be anywhere from early 1900's to 1930 or so. Shorter bills than this cap were worn before the 1900's. I know what your saying this probably isn't a photo from the 1880's but your statement gave me an excuse to read about baseball, which I love. :)

IMG_3532.JPG

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Photographer (also first National Park Service Archeologist) and former Superintendent of Mesa Verde National Park) Jesse Nusbaum at Painted Desert Exhibit, San Diego, California. Photographer: Jesse Nusbaum.
Date: 1915.

Jesse_Nusbaum_1915.jpg

Apparently he liked babies.

person-of-the-month-0614-3.jpg

Maria Martinez of San Ildefonso Pueblo with Jesse Nusbaum, wearing hats, in the courtyard of the Palace of the Governors, Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Maria_Martinez_Nusbaum.jpg

We have have one of her pots.

Maria_Pot_1.JPG

Maria_Pot_2.JPG

Last edited:
30 years ago today Lane Frost died at the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo while riding a bull named Takin' Care of Business. He was the 1987 World Champion Bull Rider and only 25 years old. He was killed after being hit in the back by the bull after dismounting. A couple of broken ribs severed an artery. RIP Lane Frost.
e7a0f6bf23d23ed15c0737e023912b92--lane-frost-dead-ringers.jpg
When we were kids some of my cousins & I would take turns crawling up on the back of a feeder calf or yearling, grab an ear before one of us would kick it in the ass. You could get 3-5 bucks in before the calf would usually quit or maybe you would fall off. One of the younger boys broke his collarbone, that's all I remember ever happening.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
When we were kids some of my cousins & I would take turns crawling up on the back of a feeder calf or yearling, grab an ear before one of us would kick it in the ass. You could get 3-5 bucks in before the calf would usually quit or maybe you would fall off. One of the younger boys broke his collarbone, that's all I remember ever happening.
Ha we did the same thing. LOL Nobody got hurt luckily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana