Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
1920 Alto, TX

Brent @deadlyhandsome I finally found a wide brim big enough for you...on the left!

329139830_719800193012556_8556879031182736901_n.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
william2.jpg william3.jpg william5.jpg william6.jpg
william4.jpg
william.jpg

The bowler hat, also known as a billycock, bob hat, bombín or derby, is a hard felt hat with a rounded crown, originally created by the London hat-makers Thomas and William Bowler in 1849. It has traditionally been worn with semi-formal and formal attire. The bowler, a protective and durable hat style, was popular with the British, Irish and American working classes during the second half of the 19th century.

Here's a few of our Royals, showing their working class credentials. Top two are King Charles and his father, Prince Philip. Beneath them are Princes William and Harry. Alongside the young princes is King George VI, below them is King George V and finally, the young man who will one day become King William V.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 489522 View attachment 489524 View attachment 489526 View attachment 489527
View attachment 489525 View attachment 489523
The bowler hat, also known as a billycock, bob hat, bombín or derby, is a hard felt hat with a rounded crown, originally created by the London hat-makers Thomas and William Bowler in 1849. It has traditionally been worn with semi-formal and formal attire. The bowler, a protective and durable hat style, was popular with the British, Irish and American working classes during the second half of the 19th century.

Here's a few of our Royals, showing their working class credentials. Top two are King Charles and his father, Prince Philip. Beneath them are Princes William and Harry. Alongside the young princes is King George VI, below them is King George V and finally, the young man who will one day become King William V.

And isn't it good to know that we can all keep up with the Royals in some small way!

20210222_184859.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Bass Reeves
Born: July 1838, Crawford County AR
Died: January 12, 1910, Muskogee OK

Bass Reeves the first black deputy U.S. marshal west of the Mississippi River.
He served under Federal Judge Isaac Parker of the Western District of Arkansas.
He worked mostly in Arkansas and the Oklahoma Territory.

bass-reeves-1200x754.jpg.optimal.jpg

Reeves far left when he served with the Muskogee Police Dept.

Bass-Reeves-R.C.-Cotton-Paul-Smith-Frank-Reed_scaled.jpg

He is also noted with hunting down and arresting his son Ben Reeves for the murder of his wife, in 1902.

Benjamin-H-Bennie-Reeves.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner