Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

President Truman in his "Washington/Official business Hat" December 23 1949....73 years ago today!
1671816205289.png

You can see where Eisenhower got the inspiration for his "business hat" as his was almost identical.

And while I have posted a picture of President Truman much has been said about his working at a men's furnishing store.....not only is it true...but he was a co-owner!

Here he is April of 1920, in His Shop in Kansas City.

Left to right: President Truman; Francis Berry (who was a corporal in the 129th Field Artillery and served under Truman); Mike Flynn (who was a Lieutenant in Battery J of the 129th); Kelsey Ravens (a friend of Truman). Not pictured was Truman's partner in the business Edward Jacobson.

1671817288754.png

This photograph was duplicated by the AP to run with background stories on the New President in 1945, thus used by many newspapers of the time.

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Christmas 1933 in Rome
I think I'm pleasing all hat lovers from the 1930s by showing you a LUCE cinejournal showing the preparations for Christmas 1933 in Rome. Many hats are present in the film and a well done representation of the Christmas days in Rome in those years.
The captions that act as an interval between the chapters of the documentary are emphatic and pompous as befitted the propaganda of the regime.
Have a nice Christmas

President Truman in his "Washington/Official business Hat" December 23 1949....73 years ago today!
View attachment 475322
You can see where Eisenhower got the inspiration for his "business hat" as his was almost identical.
Superb looking hat, but you'd expect nothing less from Truman, given his background.

Christmas 1933 in Rome
I think I'm pleasing all hat lovers from the 1930s by showing you a LUCE cinejournal showing the preparations for Christmas 1933 in Rome. Many hats are present in the film and a well done representation of the Christmas days in Rome in those years.
The captions that act as an interval between the chapters of the documentary are emphatic and pompous as befitted the propaganda of the regime.
Have a nice Christmas
Wonderful look into the past there, Daniele, and indeed some magnificent hats on display.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I guess I don't take myself so seriously that I can't have some silly fun every now and then. I suspect most of us have those moments as well. Forgive me for not posting pictures of me with bell bottoms and platform shoes!

Identity and politics aside, I think anyone who puts a hat like that on his head in that manner, either is (or at least looks like) a half-wit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21