Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

dkstott

Practically Family
Courtesy of historic photographs

Folding bridge for emergencies, invented by L. Deth and can easily be transported on a handcart. 1926

FB_IMG_1668079444037.jpg

Who?

Practically Family
I’d be a mite nervous if I were the guy on the right in the front row.

Even though the hammer is down on the nipple, and there likely isn’t a cap on it ….. I’d still be nervous

RBH

Bartender
Yer shittin me!!!
White Feather was your cousin?
Outstanding!
The man was above and beyond Legend to any Marine that ever pulled a trigger.
Much respect.
B
Thank you!
Yes Sir... his father and my father were brothers. Carlos was older than me but I remember after he was burnt, he came and stayed with us for awhile. I also remember many a christmas at our grandmothers house.... maybe till the mid 70s when he found he had MS.
I remember the grown folk talking [at the Christmas he did not come home]... that Carlos had caught something in his time in the jungle.
We later found out what it was.

This is my father [the youngest brother{my father was in Korea}] and my Uncle Norman {Carlos father} WWII.

3ec99f55-c376-4e05-a2ef-55e5976bf417.jpg

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thank you!
Yes Sir... his father and my father were brothers. Carlos was older than me but I remember after he was burnt, he came and stayed with us for awhile. I also remember many a christmas at our grandmothers house.... maybe till the mid 70s when he found he had MS.
I remember the grown folk talking [at the Christmas he did not come home]... that Carlos had caught something in his time in the jungle.
We later found out what it was.

This is my father [the youngest brother{my father was in Korea}] and my Uncle Norman {Carlos father} WWII.

3ec99f55-c376-4e05-a2ef-55e5976bf417.jpg
Thanks Rusty it’s always a treat to know more about people you honor and respect.
Humanity is illusive when looking at heroes and famous people and to hear personal details brings them a little closer and makes them more real.
Thank you again for sharing some of that about White Feather the man.
Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner