Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

RBH

Bartender
I ran across this picture of Edward James Olmos, cool hat and shirt!
I find that he wears hats often.

IMG_2091.jpeg

Mighty44

One Too Many
Interesting. The fedora at the end suits him best.
Woolaroc was Frank Phillips’ summer home. He was a big fan of the old West. When he started the picnic & reunion it was by invitation only & one condition was that it was a day of amnesty which all lawmen & outlaws had to agree to. It was a day of fellowship & storytelling. No arrests were ever made. Frank was most comfortable in an old west hat & attire.

Today Woolaroc is mostly a museum & wildlife preserve.

Cuvier

One of the Regulars
Frank Phillips. Bartlesville, Oklahoma oilman and founder of Phillips 66.

View attachment 536330

View attachment 536331

View attachment 536334

View attachment 536335

View attachment 536336

View attachment 536337

View attachment 536329

View attachment 536338

I'm due for a visit to his old place. It's been quite a few years.

https://www.woolaroc.org/
Woolaroc is a great place. I've been up there several times. Phillips really picked out a great place.
Be aware though that there are free roaming buffalo. They are not pets and are not tamed in the least. Give them space as they are boss.

LostInTyme

A-List Customer
I think, we, who believe in, and wear hats, not baseball caps, but hats, fedoras, homburgs, derbys, porkpies and any others including newsboy caps are persons out of time. We should have lived in the days of life in noir, the black and white times of humanity. Heck it's even difficult to find an automobile where-in you can keep your hat on your head whilst driving.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Perhaps, but perspective is much different. We see those days, looking back, as easy, romantic, and with a promising future ahead. Many of us have boxes full of hats. At the time, however, times were tough. The depression, the dust bowl, world wars, and working sun up to sun down, My grandfather's each had two or three hats over their entire lives and those were more tools than fashion.

Great post, however, as it is good to remember the good times and remember the best in our forefathers every now and then. There are a few people I'd like to meet and a few places I'd like to see 100 years ago.

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

I think, we, who believe in, and wear hats, not baseball caps, but hats, fedoras, homburgs, derbys, porkpies and any others including newsboy caps are persons out of time. We should have lived in the days of life in noir, the black and white times of humanity. Heck it's even difficult to find an automobile where-in you can keep your hat on your head whilst driving.

343339498_1223827628263327_2186254575060084007_n.jpg

You got my intrest up!!!

Pretty cool !!

d36c3c9c33774a8bfd5371ea27e6ac36.jpg
Maybe 10 yrs ago now Cowboys & Indians Magazine attended & covered the celebrity picnic they have nowadays. The columnist & writer from Bartlesville (the Original Cowboy, can’t remember his name) who wrote the book on the CrossBell Ranch & the Mullendore Family Murder usually covers it too.

Reactions: RBH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff