Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their suits

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
BellyTank said:
Could those lapels be much wider..?
They sure could.

2336_0052.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Griemersma said:

Sorry, it's very difficult for me to take my eyes off of Ava long enough to see if she's with someone. She's about twenty years old in this photo.

J.Poppycock II

New in Town
Grand photos of Adolphe - He is one of my favorites. His look in both white tie & tails and a morning suit w/ spats are my utmost aspirations in attire.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Cleft chin???? you want a cleft chin? we have cleft chins

Tomasso said:
Sorry, it's very difficult for me to take my eyes off of Ava long enough to see if she's with someone. She's about twenty years old in this photo.

Rita is better!

slacker

New in Town
Completely Random First Post... Here Goes

Hey everyone.. Ive been lurking for a few days and I had some questions/comments. this thread looks like my best bet. And you guys seem like the right group of people to ask...

check out these photos of The Beastie Boys... they have completely transformed their onstage appearance during the last year... it all started at a show in Vegas, they took on the Rat Pack look and they play every show in their suits now...

can anyone tell me what kind of style they are wearing... I know nothing about dressing dapper, but there is something about these suits that do it for me... if I am going to buy a suit, this is what I want to look like when I wear it...

also, I like the skinny tie look as well... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

MTV Euro Awards
_40541365_beastiespa.jpg

Film Screening in NYC
loews-screening.jpg

in Rio
pose.1.jpg

284134680_d8bc70dbe4_m.jpg

in Vegas
fourwestcoastshows.jpg

lasvegasreviewjrnl.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Marc:
Who is the guy in your OP, in between the 1st and 2nd photos of Coop?
Equally important, who is that long lovely creature looking at him?

And is that Stewart in the polo coat with his face in shadows?

Nonchalant:
Maybe you know that Paul Whiteman wasn't always so svelte...that's him in about 1932 after he had lost over 100 lbs to get film actress Margaret Livingston to marry him.

Another bandleader as elegant personally as musically was Ray Noble. Pipe the formal outer layer. This is how a proper Englishman does it!
42365.jpg

For orchestration sessions, Ray preferred a lively Prince of Wales check and the always correct rep tie.
noblea2.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Mike Mazursky?
(I don't think we were meant to admire the suit. I think it was intended to play up his crass gorilla image.)

Tommy Dorsey took great pride in his appearance and especially (having grown up poor) in looking well to do. Here he is in a tweed suit, which for a radio and recording musician in the depression days was really rubbing success in people's faces.
dorseytommy.jpg

TD had something of an image problem - he tended to throw things and hit people - which he sought to counter by dressing entirely in white on occasional engagements.
Here's a pic which won't display but you should be able to click it. Note also the young rising boy singer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto